summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 25, 2017

rain rain, don't go away...

I like the cozy weather. It's watering our plants! Our lawn doesn't need any more watering, the grass is creeping up too high as it is. But the dark overcast skies make it a perfect day to go to the library.

Samuel is working on a history timeline with the kids.

Rainy weather is not fun with paws to wipe off several times a day...Sunny LOVES the rain. Suri will go to the door, and stand there changing her mind, Duke will just sleep through it all. But sometimes they all go out, and I'm thankful they are trained to come in and SIT, so I can dry them off.

Anyway. Life is good. I haven't seen Paul much lately, but how cool is this: we've been married for 33 years, and I still get all happy, anticipating spending time with him.

This fine morning I woke at 5:40, and took Miss Sonja K. in for an MRI of her knee. The technician was confused because the procedure was to be done, "with contrast", but the dr. indicated on the prescription that he wanted I.V. dye instead of an injection into the joint of the affected knee. He called the office yesterday to clarify, to question why the doctor wanted it this way, and he said he was treated rudely. We discussed it, and decided to just go ahead with it the way it was stated, surprise Sonja, you are having an I.V. this morning!

She was fine with it, just wanted to go to school. But first we had to stop home, pick up Kathryn, pick up the other minivan from being inspected, oil changed, and a new hub bearing installed...then home, ah home. I skipped my walk. I know I won't melt, but...I just cleaned up the house instead.

So many things are going on right now, and honestly, sometimes I am tempted to be overwhelmed. I've had thoughts of not being good enough, thoughts of despair, thoughts of doubt about how things go...but deep down, I know, I just KNOW...that God causes all things to work together for the good for those who love him, and that brings tremendous comfort. I know that trials are good for me, that a tested faith if worth more than gold, and that it doesn't matter how things look on the outside, it's what's going on inside my heart that matters.

And can I end today's post by saying how thankful I am? These kids of mine...they bless me and keep me wondering, keep me laughing, and keep me hopping. I am so proud of them all, and if I could go back and do the whole thing over again, I would still receive them with joy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your post was so comforting to me - the part that God works all things for good to those who love him. Please pray for me. It is an especially hard time. My husband told me out of the blue that he doesn't love me anymore and that he wants a divorce. We have been married 26 years and our youngest just moved out in January. And then 10 days ago it was discovered that I have a blood clot in my leg. I had them before during pregnancy but then never had any other problems until a few weeks ago. Now they are thinking it is a clotting disorder - Factor V maybe. Irregardless I will be on blood thinners for the rest of my life. And we don't have health insurance. It is a lot for me to process and handle. Please pray that my husband has a change of heart and we can work on our marriage. My leg will heal but my heart is broken. Thank you.

16 blessings'mom said...

Elizabeth, I am so sorry about your husband. The only thing that comes to me is that life is so short, but we have a long eternity awaiting us if we have things right with God. I am so sorry though, I will be praying for you, and for him to have a change of heart. And the blood thinners, can you call the company and see if you can get a discount? They are lifesavers, but no fun. Paul had to be on them for his A-Fib before they did the shocking procedures (cardioversions, where they shock the heart back into normal rhythm), he had it done twice. You are in my prayers. Also, I get lots of help from my church's webpage, so many good articles, maybe something will comfort you from there, ActiveChristianity.org

Joybells said...

Elizabeth, I will pray for you too. ❤

Joy from Salem