summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

birthdays galore!!!!


What's better than a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie? According to Sonja K., one with frosting and sprinkles.

Tomorrow is her 15th birthday! Fifteen years ago, she was born...my sister and a few of her daughters, and a few of my daughters, were present for her birth, because they came to visit me in the hospital when I was in labor. I was in a nice hospital with a nice big birthing room, and it was no problem for me, or for the staff, that they stayed. Sonja's birth was nice and quick and pretty easy, and Paul was so thrilled with this ninth daughter, 13th child...that he handed her to the girls to hold and admire before I even got to meet her!

Sonja is the fifth girl of my five-girls-in-a-row...Samuel comes before them (Emily, Abigail, Benjamin, Mariel(Mirielle), Joseph, Aaron, Mali(MollyRose), Samuel...then Margaret 20, Kathryn 19, Evelyn 17, Suzanne 16, and Sonja 15. Then Jonathan 13, Charlotte Claire 10, and Camille Anaya 9.

Anyway...tomorrow is her birthday, so we have plans, and I am quite excited! Just Sonja and I are going out and about! I didn't get her a birthday present, so she is going to pick something out, like jeans or something. We'll get some dinner somewhere too. It sounds really fun. It makes me partly sad not to bring Ev or Kap (Suze is in California!), but I think Sonja needs some mommy time, and I think I need some Sonja time. Paul didn't get what the big deal is, just go with only her, he said...but what about Evelyn? See, it's not easy...

Today we went to the thrift store before gymnastics, and just for the record, I do try to only buy things we can seriously use. Today, I grabbed two Adirondack chairs...they are faded, and one has a crack, but they were five dollars for both, and we really need more comfy chairs on the deck, and they are so pricey! We also found Teva sandals for Jon, Nike sneakers for Charlotte Claire, a shirt for her too, and a pair of dressy sandals for me, the girl who can never find anything that fits right. After class, we went to Walmart for half and half and veggies, eggs and bacon. Bacon was not on the list, but it was reasonable. The chocolate bunnies were 75% off so I let the kids (Jon, Char, Cam, and cousin Dani) choose one.

Home...I made French toast for dinner...a little bit of vanilla, some milk, cinnamon...cooked in lots of butter...it looked so good! I had a few fried eggs, with some bacon. mmm.

I went to a meeting after dinner, then came home and started on those cookies...now I should be in bed, but here I sit. :)

2 comments:

Susan said...

🎢🎢🎢🎢Happy Birthday to you Sonya!🎡

Marilyn from Canada said...

Happy Birthday to Sonja πŸŽ‚πŸ¦πŸ­πŸ§πŸͺπŸͺπŸͺ Have a really great day out together today ❤️

Marilyn from Canada