summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, July 29, 2017

the saturdays in life....


Sonja hobbled her way through Target already. She was, "so bored!", so we went for a small outing.


Summertime dinners....mmm. Local sweet corn,raspberries from the yard, grilled burgers....:)

The Army visited yesterday...well, three recruiters. I had forgotten they were coming, and got up yesterday and cleaned under the couches, vacuumed them, washed the covers, swept and vacuumed and just cleaned things up...Sam got up and made bacon and eggs with peppers and onions, and I sat and ate breakfast at 12:30. Sam casually mentioned the recruiters were coming at 1:00. I totally forgot! He said, "Why were you cleaning then?"


Suzanne and I had plans to go to the store for coffee, coconut oil, and snacks for next week's summer conference at church. So when the recruiters pulled in, we said hello and left.

Sonja and her friend Irene were making French Toast when I left. The recruiters were admiring the new deck, and as I left, I told them they didn't have to stay out in the sun, they could go inside and talk...apparently they thought the French toast smelled really good, so one of them had some. They said they really liked our house, "It's how a house is supposed to be, it's a home." Well, that was nice of them. But ha, I know they are trying to woo Sam to sign up for the reserves, so they say what they can to be in his good graces.

Anyway. Today we have plans, Char and Cam have to go practice a song and dance for next week. I have to bring them out, and wait for them, then come back here and get ready to work the amphitheater tonight...Joan Jett and Boston are playing. At least it's decent music.

The sun is shining brilliantly and I wish I didn't have places to go...our pool is green, btw. The motor on the filter broke. It's always something, isn't it?

Ah well...I love summer. And...I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Benjamin, Ashley, and Anya are here! The found an apartment really close by, twenty minutes or so. It's surreal, and I am so happy about it.:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Della, is everyone well at your place? Not hearing an update for a week makes me worried as it's very unusual. ☘️
Simone

Tereza said...

Wow they moved already!! Guess I won't be seeing her at conference at Mackleay then. Thats too bad as Ive just met her!! But so happy for you that they are close! Say hi to her for me!

Susan said...

Hi Della,
I am worried about you because you have never gone so long without posting. I am hoping that you are just super busy with Ben moving back. ❤️Susan

16 blessings'mom said...

You guys are too nice, I'm fine. We were having a very busy week, staying in the camper. I didn't get my laptop out at all! Home now, and back to real life...the washing machine has been running non-stop!