summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

and yeah, I was wrong....

As pointed out in a few comments from kind readers from Ireland, they DO flush their toilet paper. I misunderstood a sign, but also a coffee shop we went to featured a can next to the commode, full of used t.p. But who knows, maybe lots of people were crying and wiped their eyes, or had colds. Live and learn, and I just wanted to apologize for my mistake.

The older you get, the more you realize that things you felt so strongly about long ago aren't so important, and that you may even have been wrong about some things, or even a lot of things. So if you're thinking clearly, you pretty much know that if you feel strongly about something, you may well be wrong, based on what you've learned in life. So it's easier to see the other side of issues, easier to realize that there is more than one way to skin a cat. This is useful when one is a grandparent, this acknowledgement that I am not the Queen of Doing Everything Right. We tend to judge and measure all according to how we think things should be...

My little friend Anne is on her way over. I swept and mopped the floors this morning, did some laundry, and went on my walk. I have been waking up at 5:00 a.m.! It's still dark then, and this morning, very chilly. It was 33 when I got home from the walk, frost on the pumpkins for sure! Now it's cozy in here with the hot coffee, pumpkin spice, and the little fireplace on. The girls joggle each other for a good spot in front of it, Char has it right now. They have to fight with the dogs and cats for that space, too, ha.

And...off to bring Anne in!

No comments: