summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

counting the blessings....

First of all, I would like to quote one of my favorite songs, from the movie Frozen...."Let it go..."

It's comforting, healing, and peaceful to let it go. A thought that plagues me about someone, or something so unrighteous that happens, or hurt feelings that could so easily cause bitterness...let it go.

And here are the things I am deciding to be thankful for today:

1. Ibuprofen. Yesterday's headache decided to settle in and stay a while, building to a monster by bedtime. As I went on my walk this fine morning, headache-free, but in one of those day-after fogs, I realized how blessed it is to be able to open that bottle and take a few pain relievers.

2. D-Mannose. It works! I have been having pains and twinges of a UTI, and started taking this stuff again. It really works.

3. Being flea-free! Not to sound like an advertisement for the Seresto collars, because I am certainly not getting a cent for plugging their product, but they work! No more fleas!

4. I've been going on my walks every morning! I am not in marathon shape, and my muffin top is more like an extra bed pillow spilling over top of the jeans, but at least I have been walking, and it feels good.

5. Babysitting for little Anne. Yesterday she didn't feel well, and had a slight fever. But rocking babies is my specialty, and even though this little girl is one year old, when she doesn't feel well, she likes to be rocked and sung to. (ha, it's nice to sing to a baby who doesn't yet understand how terrible my voice is!)

6.
This girl. Miss Char, Charlotte Claire, my tenth daughter, my fifteenth child...my 11 year old teenager. She does not give up, she wants to learn a standing back tuck, she learns it.



7. Coffee. Pumpkin spice coffee. Joseph made the pot a bit ago, it smells heavenly in here, with the crispness of the morning and the breeze blowing in the trees, the dogs snoring...it's a beautiful day.

And...I have to get up and sweep the floors, put in a load of laundry...

No comments: