summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

denial...

 ...it's summer, right?  An afternoon dip in the pool, even with the lengthening shadows, ahh, summer.  It's 88 degrees and humid.  I do love it.

Yesterday we had a wonderful birthday party.  

Tennyson turned three.
Molly Rose visited with Denzel, and held Blythe too.
Then Grace brought Maeve over...too sweet.
Hot dogs, ribs, fruit, chips,cheesies...guess that the kids liked the most?  Cheesies.
Tenny opening presents...

(Wulf, Grant, Ten, Ruth)
Cousins:  Rhys and Denzel
Auntie Charlotte Claire holding Denzel
Achilles, Ophelia, Rhys, Tenny
Ten didn't really like the birthday song, it was too loud, he said.
AuntKathryn holding Denzel...
Jamison born in March, Maeve born Aug. 1, Denzel born Aug 30, Blythe born Aug 28.  
Char, Sonja K., Cam, Samuel...
Ahh, the pool...it's fun with the grandkids!


And this fine morning, Miss Char started school...first day of the senior year, the last first day of school ever, since Cam homeschools...this is the last year the bus will come to our place..33 years of having kids in school.  

Orange Guy photobombed.

After Charlotte Claire got on the bus, Camille and I headed up to Margaret's.  She's only 8 days post-c-section, and had a dr. appointment.  (Adrian had to resume college classes).  So Cam watched the boys while I drove Marg and baby Blythe to the dr.  Margaret's appointment took forever, she apologized, I said, "Yeah, poor me had to sit here and hold a newborn for all this time, ha."

I had promised the boys and adventure after the appointment, if they were good for Aunt Camille.

They got to scooter and bike at the park.
Tennyson on the balance bike
Then, we walked to the coffee place.  Ten liked the pumpkins.  
They got chocolate milk and a few different cookies to share.

Home...ah, home. Charlotte Claire got off the bus, very hot, and we decided to go for a swim.  She told us all about the first day while we cooled off.  Now, it's time for dinner.  Camille and  I stopped at the store on the way home, and got some nice pork chops.  I love them, Paul dislikes them, the girls like them okay.  They're marinating in lime juice, and lemon rosemary salt, and pepper.  I'll grill them with bbq sauce and they'll be amazing.  I bought sweet corn too, and we'll have leftover fruit from yesterday. 

I'm all refreshed from the pool, and not looking forward to grilling, but it'll be yummy.  The floors haven't been vacuumed yet today because we were gone, and that's bothering me.  There's always something to do, isn't there?  There's always something to be thankful for, too.  I'm thankful that tomorrow will be as warm as today, and sunny...so it's still summer.  :)


4 comments:

Mari said...

Hanging on to Summer her too!
Look at all those babies! You are blessed.

Joybells said...

Oh, those beautiful babies!! FOUR of them!! Your heart must be overflowing. Thanks so much for sharing these pictures, and congrats again. It is creeping toward fall here...chilly in the mornings, upper 70s in the afternoons. And heavenly sunshine.

Joy from Salem

Marilyn said...

Hi Della 👋 I think I’m able to post again! Very weird……..

Congratulations to everyone on the new arrivals! So gorgeous and I love their names too 🥰 What a fun party for little Tenny……I can’t believe he’s 3 already. Oh my! Did Lydia turn 8? I remember when she was born……..did Wulf start school this year? Maybe next year. Who else…….maybe Grant too? Time just whips along doesn’t it.

I was rushed into hospital in the 19th for emergency surgery, but doing well now thank goodness. Healing takes time.

I can always read your blog, but can’t always comment for some peculiar reason that I can’t figure out! Anyway……..

Have a lovely rest of your day 😊

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Mari, it's the warmest day of the summer today! Bittersweet, because once it cools down, the pool has to close...dang.
Joy, I do love those crisp mornings!
Marilyn, my goodness, I hope you're all right! I was wondering where you were! You can email me if you ever want to at dellamom16@yahoo.com. Yes, Tennyson is 3, Lydia is 8, Wulf and Grant start a homeschool program that's like once a week, plus field trips, for the kindergarten portion. They do stuff at home, and get to be together with other kids too, win-win.
I hope you doing all right, hugs, Marilyn!