summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, September 7, 2023

ready, set, go!

 This fine morning started out as the sun rose in the sky...my coffee went in a travel mug as I chatted with Miss Charlotte Claire.  She got on the bus, Paul and I drove to drop off the Florida car to be inspected.  

Home again, ahh...but don't dig in yet, there's more!  A friend, who lives with Emily and Mariel now, had a flat tire, and needed to pick up an order at a Walmart, and needed a ride to church, where she was preparing meals for a crew of set-up people.  So off I went.  It was a pleasant enough favor, as she's excellent company, but we drove through some torrential rain.  When we picked up or order, the nice Walmart kid said we were the last orders for at least half an hour, the other customers would have to wait because lightening had been spotted.  phew.  

Home again, ahhh.  Paul had to leave to go into the office, so we can't pick up the Florida car until later.  Camille is all cozy doing her schoolwork, and I have lots to do around here.  I put some chicken into the crockpot, and am deciding:  TikiMasala, chicken noodle soup, chicken stew with potatoes...hmmm.  I'm thinking to try some homemade biscuits, but if its the Masala, it would be homemade naan bread.

Life comes at you from all directions sometimes.  We know that all things work together for our good, when we love God, and are called according to His purpose, we KNOW this.  It's written in the Bible, Romans 8:28.  All things.  We sometimes kick and scream at all things.   Because it's in us to say, but surely not THIS.  THIS is too much.  

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."    We all know this is written in Matthew, but have you actually considered it?  It's quite a promise.  

I have a lot of thoughts swirling around in my head today, but those verses are balm to my soul.  

Abigail is in town tomorrow, we're going on some errands together.  Mariel and I are planning a weekend in Florida in October, to see grandma.  Next weekend, I'm going away!  Just a little weekend away, a birthday trip from Emily, to a place in the Fingerlakes, with some of the girls.  I am SO excited. Then the week after that, Phoenix...oh, and celebrating my sister Cheryl's birthday on Monday...:)....

So out of my comfy chair and on to puttering around....on a dark rainy day...love it!

5 comments:

Terri D said...

I am a bit late visiting my friends here but I wish you safe travels and a great time with your girls!!

16 blessings'mom said...

Terri, I'm glad your surgery went well, phew. (I can't comment on your blog, but always read it!!!). :)

Cindy said...

I remind myself often that God works all things for my good. I'm learning to trust Him more every day. Psalm 139:16 says, 'All the days ordained for me were written in your book before even one of them came to be.' He's written out this day specifically for me and I'm remembering to ask Him, "What's next Lord? What's the next line on my page?" And He tells me. It helps me to accept whatever the day may bring!

Marilyn said...

Hi Della!

Looks like I can post again!! 🙄🙄 Maybe. How lovely to see Abigale!! How is she doing?

We are having such gorgeous weather……….27C tomorrow and lovely all week. We have yard work to do…….I’m very limited to what I can do because of my surgery recovery, but I can give moral support 😊 Your back yard looks so lovely and inviting Della. No wonder your family all love to come.

I hope you have a lovely time with your girls. My girls are wonderful too!! Such fun to be with. I don’t know what I would have done without them during my hospital stay and home care after. It would have been so much more difficult. They are treasures for sure 🥰🥰

Have a lovely day! Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Cindy, that's wisdom, and it brings such peace. :)
Marilyn, Abigail is doing well, thriving in her new home state of Delaware. I'm so thankful you have your girls to visit you and look after you, what a blessing that is. It's a treasure, in this day and age, to have such good relationships with family. I hope you rest up and recuperate, and heal, Marilyn.