summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 4, 2024

birthdays and babies and noise, oh my!

But first, Camille's masterpiece, lemon meringue pie
Oh the fog!
And, a birthday cake for Molly Rose!  She turns 30 this week, can you believe that?  My seventh child.  Mariel made the pink frosting from strawberries, and I made the buttercream.

some cuppy-cakes too!
Ruth was excited!

Molly in the yellow, Camille, Sam holding Maeve, Aunt Evelyn holding Denzel, and I think Jonny had Jamie...
Rhys and Achilles singing Happy Birthday, and Mariel...

Jamie is turning a year old next week, so he got a cupcake in the high chair..



Grandchildren are a beautiful thing...a noisy crazy beautiful thing:)
Ruth and Ophelia
Sunny...she is so good when everyone comes over!

We moved all the furniture to prepare for the trim...
It looks so nice!

Well, another day of missing the pool!  Sonja left today for Norway, and needed a ride to the airport right smack in the middle of my swim time...so, I brought her.  Then I was all by my lonesome, so I went to Target to return a dress that I loved dearly, but it didn't love me.  It was too tight in the chest, and a v-neck to boot, looked like I was belonging at the Renaissance Fair.  I got an iced Americano from Starbucks, Blonde Roast, with heavy cream, so yummy, and not too expensive.  I wandered around and got some snacks for my trip to Norway.  

Then, what the heck, why not stop at the thrift store?  I found a Christopher & Banks shirt for $2.49, a pair of jeans for Tennyson, who only likes wearing jeans, and a Buxton leather wallet with a strap, for traveling, it's like a small purse, new with tags for $5.99.  (It'll be nicer than the fannypack I was thinking to bring on my trip!)

Then Aldi, for milk, strawberries, cheese...then quickly into Tops for ground beef, and a corned beef for next week.  After a stop to get gas, home...ahh, home.  Camille had done all of her schoolwork out on the deck, 68 and sunny!  I got into my sundress and joined her.  Kathryn came over with the kids.  They like to play in the Little Tikes cars on the deck.  Darius and Jon put in the trim, then they all went home and Jon grilled steak...buy one get one free, so $5.50 a pound for nice tender sirloin, and grilled, oh dear it was good.  

Tomorrow, I have to pack.  We are leaving Wednesday morning, Emily and I...driving to Newark, then flying to Oslo.  I don't have any shoes, only sneakers, Birkenstocks, and boots.  I'm thinking to travel in Birkenstocks, and change to boots when I arrive in Norway....boots take up so much room in the suitcase, but they are too hot to travel in for an overseas flight.  

Passport...just remember the passport!  

Our 40th wedding anniversary is this weekend, oops, I'll be gone.  

Ah well...the girls are busy doing planning for the summer, Jon is working out, Paul is sitting here with his computer, he rarely sits still...the dogs are snoring....have a really good evening...and shh, I hope I get some sleep tonight...last night I was WIDE AWAKE, from four a.m....



 

2 comments:

Mari said...

You all can start a bakery! The pie looks yummy and the cake is so pretty!
Norway! How exciting. Can't wait to see pics and hear all about it.
Happy Anniversary!

Marilyn said...

Good morning Della😊

You must be getting excited about your trip! Eeeeeek!! Are you going for a week or longer? You are having some lovely days there. Not here, but it’s coming!! We can’t complain though.

I love all the birthday pictures. Denzel has really grown! Wow he’s a big boy. Hard to believe Jamie will be 1 already. Maeve looks just like her sister I think. All gorgeous 🥰

Have fun packing!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦