summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

I'm leaving'....on a jet plane...don't know when I'll be back again...

 Actually, I'll be back next Monday.  Tomorrow morning, the adventure begins!  First, I plan to go to the pool, then get a move on out of there, and we'll hit the road to Newark, NJ.  We'll get there with plenty of time to spare, and security will be an absolute breeze.  No handsy TSA's will be there, patting in the worse places,  nor any of those barkers...you know, the ones who yell and snap and hurry you along...my stubborn streak must be a mile long, because when you point at me and tell me to hurry up, I ain't gonna.  

We'll check our bags, get through security, find a nice cup of coffee somewhere, then amuse ourselves with people watching, maybe even make some new friends.  Emily will be reading her book on the cultural revolution in China, I am not bringing a book.  

My checked bag now weighs 43 pounds, by Camille's math.  She stood on the scale, then I handed her the suitcase, and she subtracted.  The weight limit is 50, so I can bring more stuff!  I am bringing some Reese's Easter candy, poor Norwegians can't buy it there.  I'm bringing Frito's to Claire, she cannot get them in Australia.  I have my boots packed too, so I can travel in sneakers.  I really really want to just wear my Birkenstocks....we'll see...sneakers ugh.

We're flying SAS, which still serves meals to economy passengers.  I am anticipating the meals won't be scrumptious, so I have some snacks packed...only hope no one has a nut allergy.  I should probably stop and get a few protein bars from the Dollar General on the way to activity club tonight, just in case.  

Well, I made two trays of meatballs, and the oven is broken.  I forgot that on Sunday the sensor stopped working...we had pizza and wings from the place in town, but I wanted to make a cauliflower crust pizza for Mariel and I, as she's gluten free and I don't like eating all the carbs...I had to slice it up and air fry it.  Paul has the part, but is having complications fixing it, he's working on it right now.  I could have just made something else, but he said he would fix it...:). (The happy homeowners!)

I won't be bringing my laptop to Norway, no need to, as I'll be too busy.  So this is goodbye for a few days, enjoy the springtime days...oh, the weather forecast for over there is actually not too shabby!  38 and sunny on Friday!  I was so concerned that I'd be slipping and sliding all over the place on ice, and in snow, but it doesn't seem like there will be much...

So bye for now, I'll be writing again Monday or Tuesday, depending on the severity of the jet lag.  :)

4 comments:

Mari said...

See you next week! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Blods said...

Bon voyage! Have a lovely time, looking forward to hearing all about it soon, best wishes Blods xx

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time ❤️
I saw a Chinese lady on Tucker Carlson who lived through the Cultural Revolution in China. Very interesting!
Valerie

Jan said...

Have a wonderful time! Prayers for a safe journey!