summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 1, 2024

....a bit controversial....

 ...but sorry, the truth is the truth.  I just read an article regarding a recent episode of The View, which I wouldn't watch if you paid me, in which a medical expert declared that an early pregnancy loss is "definitely not a baby".  I would BEG to differ.  If you don't like graphic details, feel free to scroll onto a different blog, or go read the weather report...

I lost a baby once.  Well, a few times, but we'll just reminisce this one loss.  Emily was almost three, and Abigail was almost one.  I was 12 weeks pregnant, when I started bleeding.  Remember, ..if it's too much, scroll on by!  It came out of nowhere, on a Friday night, so my dad brought my mother over...she was sitting with the kids, reading stories, and I was in the bathroom, doubled over with cramps...then...well, the baby came out.  It was beautiful.  It was tiny and beautiful, a perfectly formed miniature baby, the head a bit large, but just a teeny baby.  It was NOT a ball of cells.  It was a baby.  It was horrible, because in the palm of my hand was a baby...no longer alive.  (I confess:  I rather lost it.  I think I started wailing.  I wrapped that tiny baby up, and we brought it with us to the hospital, because I was bleeding a lot, and didn't know what was normal. I had to have a D&C)  

(The happy ending to this story was that Benjamin Paul was due exactly one year later, to the day, but was born one week early.  What a welcome baby he was!)

My point is, that when a woman has an abortion, she is killing a baby.  The dr. said that my baby had stopped growing a week or so before it "arrived", but so many women have abortions at ten, eleven, twelve weeks.  It's awful.  I would have done anything to breathe life back into that tiny human, and to think that someone would choose, purposefully, to KILL a small helpless little baby like that...

This post isn't meant to shame anyone.  In fact, I think there are a lot of women who have abortions who don't actually realize exactly what they're doing, it's all so glossed over.  It isn't called "killing the baby", but "ending the pregnancy".  (Shh, I'm trying to be considerate.).  

My point is that we need to call it what it is.  It's destroying a life.  

What a world we live in, where people so casually say they support the right to choose.  It sounds so nice and peaceful, and so grand of them, to support other's rights.  And that is their right, I suppose.  But call it what is, stop glossing over the cruelty of the whole thing.

Anyway.  This fine morning, I headed to Sam and Grace's house to watch Ruth for a few hours.  We read some books and played with some toys, had some snacks, sang some songs...


I stopped at Aldi on the way home...
Not too bad for $62 these days.  

When I got home, I had to leave again, because I was going to Costco with Kathryn...Sonja needed a few things, and I needed...to go to Costco with Kathryn!  I ended up getting the cutest jean skirt/skorts for only $12, and it fit me!  I like it, it's so stretchy and comfortable!  I also got some heavy cream, cheese sticks, and a chicken...I mean, you don't go to Costco and not get the Costco chicken for $4.99!  We also got a few hot dogs and slices of pizza, and brought it home.  

Paul was finishing up the painting of the trim when we got home...I was going to do it,  What?!  I WAS.  But he thought it was getting cooler out, and thought I'd be gone longer...so he did it.  :). Did I mention that it was 45 degrees and sunny today? (I was so glad he was finishing up, all day I thought I had lots of painting to do!)

We got so much snow yesterday, then today...it was melting!
Rhys and Jamie...
Achilles liked the trim, he was underneath it too.

All painted!  Tomorrow, it will be installed!  I am very excited, it'll look so nice and crisp and...well, finished!  Darius and Jonny will be putting it in tomorrow...:)

We never did go to the pool this afternoon.  I was losing steam, the kids were losing steam, Wulf and Tenny started getting sick so I couldn't take them for the afternoon, so we just decided not to go.  Maybe I'll go tomorrow...anyway, have a good evening!  

12 comments:

Mari said...

I can't handle The View either. I feel like those women are evil and the only view they really care about is their own.
I also agree that it's a baby, not a clump of cells. I'm sorry you went through this - it's a huge loss and saying it's not a baby does not help.

Terri D said...

Abortion is murder. Say it like it is. As for the view (can't even put a capital V) I have never watched it and never will. Evil and hatred are all they spew (I've endured the clips on social media). Don't get me started. Della, I am so sorry you had to experience a loss like that. My mom lost a baby (very early weeks) before me and she never forgot about that baby. When she was in hospice care, dying from cancer, she even said she would finally get to meet her first child in Heaven. It is not something most ever get over (as you know). Hugs!

Kanadiangirl said...

Don't ever be sorry for speaking the truth, especially such an important one! There is very little truth found anywhere, anymore. It is an abomination that there is not regard given to a human!!!

Kanadiangirl said...

Thank you, Terri D., for also boldly speaking up! Abortion IS murder. Murder of an innocent, helpless being. I also lost 6 children and I miss them every single day.

Cindy said...

The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy. And boy is he working overtime. The daughter of some friends lost her baby really early. I don't remember how old he was, but he was like you say, a real, tiny baby. He fit in the palm of his dad's hand but he was a formed baby. It's so sad how society believes it's okay. It's actually heartbreaking. We love going to Costco. And yeah, you got a good deal on all that food!

Linda said...

I totally agree with this...those women on that show are evil. As a mother who lost her adult child suddenly, I pray no one ever feels that sort of pain...but those people on that show, pure evil. Sigh...

Marilyn said...

Good morning!

I don’t think I ever had a miscarriage, but apparently in the very early stages you might not even know. Abortion is a terrible thing and something I never would have been able to do for sure. I do know someone …….now passed……..who did and never really got over it. I’m so sorry you had to go through that ordeal Della. My daughter miscarried at about the same as you …….maybe a bit earlier….and held that little being in her hand as well. Heart breaking 💔 As for the View 😡 I cannot watch it either. Just awful.

We have a beautiful sunny day here and heaps of snow. It’s -15C, but looking outside it would appear to be a warm day!! Soooooooo sunny ☀️

I’m sure the boards are going look beautiful against your lovely new floors. You will have to post some pictures.

I love going to Costco! Do a lot of looking and then buy the things I went for. I don’t think I’ve ever bought one of their chickens. I’m assuming you mean the BBQ ones? We buy fun stuff like toilet paper and paper towels 🙄 😂😂

Anyway have a great day!! 😊

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Anonymous said...

So sad to hear of your loss early on in your childbearing. I have lost five babies ( one of them her twin sister survived so I know what she would look like 😭) and all different circumstances, all difficult. I think it is awful the way the abortion pill is distributed so liberally, these girls have no idea what they are doing many times. Hugs to you
Valerie

16 blessings'mom said...

Mari, I know, The View: ugh. Terri, I'm sorry to hear about your mom's baby, it's so sad. These women belittling life have no idea what a slap in the face it is to those of us who have lost babies. And yes, abortion is murder. Linda, hugs to you. Marilyn, sorry about your daughter, it's such a heartache. You've never bought a Costco chicken? They're only $4.99 here, you can't make one yourself at home for that price...and you can make so many things with it, wraps, rice bowls...salad with chicken.:). Valerie, I am sorry you have lost those babies. So sad. Hugs.

terre said...

good morning della, many years ago i lost my third baby to miscarriage at 10 weeks. it was truly devastating. although i never saw my baby, i knew 'her' in my heart the same as i knew the rest of my children. i decided for my sanity to name 'her' ashley and have spoken of 'her' over the years. i know i will see her in heaven one day. call it weird if you like, but that is how i dealt with the loss of my much wanted baby.

as for abortion, i feel your stance on it very strongly aligns with mine. suffice it to say, there is not a reason for me to kill a baby, not even a baby conceived in rape. i believe that life starts at conception and therefore, once alive it is a baby. i stand by my conviction.

proud of you for taking a stand pubically.

terre

16 blessings'mom said...

Terre, I'm sorry to hear that, but what a good way to deal, I wish I had done that too. I don't think it's weird at all. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Abortion is murder and that’s the truth. So sad that our society thinks so lightly of life.
The View is a whole other thing. Those women are awful. I could never watch them.
Yesterday I was at jury duty and it’s sad to see how people are today. I was only with the jurors and my heart hurt. What would I do without my Savior??? I came home and told my girls that not all families are like our family, they see it every day, we can’t take our salvation or home lives for granted. Our country needs Jesus and we have to be the light.

Judy