summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, June 27, 2024

don't you just love a good before and after?!

 

This old girl was marked down at the thrift store, from $59.99 to $29.99.  Unloved, unwanted, dusty, scratched...just what we were looking for!  
We would have liked to scrape and restain, but the wood veneer was badly damaged in some places, so we decided to sand...prime...
...and, paint!
The paint we chose was Sherwin Williams' Marshmallow.  Not exactly white, just a little creamy.  I helped Cam sand and prime, but she painted it herself.  She removed the drawer pulls and soaked them in vinegar, water, and Dawn, then scrubbed with a toothbrush.  They are really old, each one is a tiny bit different, they are so lovely.  
Okay, I zoomed in, because I'm too lazy to go take another picture.  

This fine day was a run-around day.  I'll spare the boring details, but I've only been home an hour, and have to leave to pick the girls up from work in half hour or so.  I cleaned the guest room, vacuumed the stairs, and puttered around...time flies!

Ah well...I have more to do before I leave, so bye for now, just wanted to check in and say hello, and show you Camille's new vanity...:)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

The vanity looks great!

Sandi said...

Wow!

Terri D said...

The transformation is lovely!! Well done!!

Marilyn said...

Good morning! I just love the dresser Della! It’s so pretty. Such a lovely colour too 🥰


Have a great day and weekend!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Thank you. Camille did most of the work, I just bought the stuff and gave her helpful advice:). It certainly is fun and rewarding though, makes me look around and hmm, what can I re-do?