summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 15, 2024

summertime, so sweet....

 

Happy birthday to my granddaughter, Rhys Harper, she's three years old. 

Cousins Blythe and Maeve


Wulf and cousin Rhys
A princess dress!
I gave Achilles my phone and asked him to take some pictures...he got this of Margaret...
And me...
Aunt Evelyn with baby Blythe
His shadow....


Ruth pulling her cousins Rhys and Tennyson...

Oh, what a day!  I started with going out and about all by myself, to BJ's, for some steak, a bag of salt potatoes, and some fresh broccoli for dinner.  I also got baguette for tomorrow's graduation party.  Then to the bakery, for two dozen beautiful donuts for tomorrow. ( Mariel also made cupcakes and gluten free cupcakes, and Margaret made some too.)

Home...ahh, home.  Ben stopped over with some lumber, he ran into Paul at Lowe's and brought home stuff for him, Paul is redoing the swing set.  It's been there for 30+ years, and some of the lumber was rotting.  


Grant and Ruth keeping Paul busy while he works...

After the birthday celebration, I went home for a bit, took a quick swim, ahhh so nice, then went over to Emily's to help get ready for the party.  Charlotte mowed the lawn while Camille and I put up some decorations...then home, Sam and Grace were over, I had invited them for dinner.  Char and Cam went out and about with cousins Grace and Linnea.  Sonja went to work...Paul ended up going fishing.  I made dinner for the rest of us, and it was so good.

The kids were tired, and Sam was surprising them with a sleepover in a tent in their backyard, so they didn't stay long after dinner.  I had to marinate the chicken, half in pesto, to serve grilled with the Greek salad, and half in Teriyaki to grill and serve with the Asian salad.  

I washed up the dishes, watered all the flowers on the deck, and ahh, my chair is wonderful.  It was a busy, beautiful day.  An amazing day.  A barefoot day.  

I am actually home all alone.  The dogs are snoring and the birds are singing, otherwise very quiet.  I don't mind at all....:)


3 comments:

Mari said...

Look at all those sweet kiddos! Such a blessing!
Happy Birthday to Rhys.
Tell Achilles the photos are great!

Terri D said...

It must be a rare thing for you to be all alone in the house. Peaceful moments after such a busy and fun time!!

Marilyn said...

Della I’m exhausted just reading all you have been doing!! Oh my 🤗 Sounds like heaps of fun though 🤗
Happy Birthday to little Rhys Harper. Shes a real little Dolly. I love the pictures Achilles too especially his shadow 🥰 How cute is that! I hope the party tonight is fun too!

Have a great evening 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦