summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 29, 2024

the corn needs a drink...

 Who am I to wish it didn't get it?  Today though, ugh!  A rainy start to our church summer conference!  I've been busy sorting and cleaning the dollhouse stuff.  I bring it out every year for the kids to play with, and every year a few more pieces get broken, and a few more things go missing.  I don't like that, but:  it's getting used, and enjoyed.  I could just keep it all here, and in ten years, when I'm even older, I'll still have it.  And SO WHAT?  I'll have it.  But if I keep bringing it out to be used and enjoyed, in ten years maybe I'll have a pile of rubble left.  SO WHAT?  

It's hard because you can't just go buy more, it's all discontinued.  You can still get it on Ebay and Marketplace, but it's usually pricey.  I could sell it all, but that ain't happening.  

The pop up camper...
The driving camper...
Some minivans...

A broken chair!  Maybe Goldilocks has been to visit.

Anyway, that's been keeping me busy, cleaning it all up.  

Paul and I brought the doggies to the vet last evening.  Sunny just needed a check up and some vaccines (you can't go camping without that Rabies certificate!, and her lump looked at.  It's a fatty tumor, on her side...she has a few other ones too.  There's nothing you can do for them.  Suri went to, for some bloodwork for pain management, and to set up a surgery date to remove a skin tag which has appeared and grown, on her backside.  They were super good, although Sunny was shy.  As soon as her exam was done, she hid under the chairs.  Suri was panting and nervous, but still super friendly.  

Abigail is here for the weekend!  She came in so late last night, drove from Delaware after work, shh, I was asleep.  I know, but I was so tired!  

Ah well....have a really good weekend...I'll be back to check in, we have lots of fun planned for the fourth!

3 comments:

Mari said...

It's been raining here too.
It's good the dollhouse is getting used. It'll give them good memories, but I can understand the sadness about missing and broken pieces.
Have a fun weekend!

Terri D said...

Always a sweet visit here!! Happy weekend!

Marilyn said...

Hi Della! It’s sad about your little toys. Mine were well used too, but I finally had to give them away. I had heaps as well. My husband had 2 suitcases full of lego and his son took it all!!

How lovely to have Abigail there for the long weekend fun and festivities! I hope you all have a wonderful time and that the weather cooperates.

The labs do tend to get lumpy. My Nellie had a few lumps and bumps but just fatty things.

Have a wonderful day!

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦