Well, there she is, little Miss Nicole Elizabeth! I don't know why pictures are going on the blog now, but you can all see this newborn who has stolen my very heart. She has had some ups and downs, but she's waking up more and responds to her mama and daddy! She is just beautiful, and I love her so much. (She has Thanatophoric skeletal dysplasia. She is a miracle baby, and please, keep praying for her! )

This is a pic from the shower, and I thought I'd leave it even though I previously posted a similar one.A picture from August, Sonja and Oscar and little Kaia, Nate and Evelyn with Bridget, Miss Suzanne, Miss Char, and Miss Cam...
Tenny got a new fishing pole from Grandpa! (don't know why I didn't get a pic of Wulf!)
Miss Kaia Jean is trying to tell you something!
Kathryn is having her baby next month, or in the first part of November, a baby girl, #22.
Then Margaret and Adrian will have a January baby, girl or boy, we don't know!
March, Sonja and Oscar will be having #24!
What a day I had...hum drum...I vac/mopped the floors, puttered around, did some dishes, went to the small city for a doctor's appointment for my new knee. I found a spot on the street (so much easier than the parking garage!), and walked in, so conscious how easy it was compared to several months ago. X-rays showed a nice sturdy implant, but in the left knee: severe arthritis with bone spurs. eew. Dr. said it's up to me, a new left knee in two weeks, two months, two years, whenever I want it. Or never, which sounds kind of good. :)
After my appointment, I went to Aldi for a caulflower crust pizza, a pizza crust and some cheese for the girls, a chuck roast because it is chuck roast-in-the-crock-pot season, some cream, apples, arugula, cucumbers, ect. I went in to Sherwin Williams for a can of paint for the bathroom...we cannot find the paint we used for in there just last year, I wonder if we used it all? A shelf fell off the wall, Paul repaired the wall but we need the paint. I had to look up old blog posts to find the color, and sure enough, I had posted it! Symmetry! Sherwin Williams keeps track of your purchases, and told me it was a matte finish.
Home...ahh, home. I got it all in and put away, then put my feet up for a few minutes when Sonja called. She needed to go to the grocery store! Yes, of course I'd go with her! I drove to her house, and got in the car with her and little Kaia. We went to the thrift store first, found a few nice books for Kaia, a toy she didn't really need but really liked, and a new cape with a hood, which is adorable.
Then, to Aldi again! I pushed the cart with Kaia in it, and we had fun saying hi to everyone.
We stopped for a coffee, which was super duper delicious, but...I dropped it when I got up the deck steps with my groceries the second time....(Who knew I'd need more stuff the second time? I only got pears, one jar of sauce, one can of diced tomatoes, and seltzer: apple ala mode.)
I put chicken thighs in some lime juice and lots of cajun seasoning when I got home. Into the air fryer until nice and crispy, splashed with bbq sauce and put back in....not too shabby.
Tomorrow I have to bring Cam to class, and I think Evelyn is coming over...Wednesday I have a dermatologist appointment (I do love the sun, so I make it a point not to miss my yearly exam!). Thursday, bringing Cam again, then Friday a brekky with swim friends. In a few weeks, Mariel and Suzanne and I will be going to Delaware again, to visit Abigail and Derek...not sure if we'll be allowed to visit sweet little baby or not, but we can still see mama and daddy and make them a nice dinner.
I do plan to get back to hoeing out things...I was derailed last week, but that's okay. Life does happen. Paul was working on things too, we had a lot of camping equipment, he ditched a few old tents. We only need one tent these days.
Anyway, not much else going on...I keep tuning into the new baby on her angel care cam...:). She's so sweet.
You all have a really nice night!




No comments:
Post a Comment