summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 17, 2008

doctor day for Charlotte Claire

She needs her ankle checked, since the cast has been off for 2 weeks now. She is adjusting slowly, and still sort of drags her leg sometimes. I don't look forward to the orthapaedic visit: takes way too long. The waiting room, then waiting in the office. And trying to park the big ol' 15 passenger van in the parking garage. I hate paying to park. But after a bit of grumbling, I AM glad we have access to good care, and I'm thankful for insurance... It is hard to get someone from here to come along to help with Camille during the appointment. Mariel agreed to come after viewing the Walgreens ad, and realizing how many good coupons she had for the sale items...I quickly capitalized on this by assuring her that of course I need to go to Walgreens today. I've only been there twice before, this past Christmas and the one before...So today I ordered pictures online to pick up in the store...family pics, the ones I posted. Technology: amazing, I just don't get it. When I was a girl, a Kodak 110 w/built-in flash was the camera to have...I don't think we even have an old one in the toy box anymore..and rotary-dial telephones....do kids even know what they are?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I've been reading your blog for a little while, but I didn't have an account to comment. When I read what you wrote about rotary phones, I had to sign up! My six year old daughter saw the rotary phone hooked up in our basement just this winter and asked what it was. She got a huge kick out of making a call on it! And I remember getting my first 110 camera as a kid... it had a flip flash that you had to purchase separately! Thanks for the laugh! I really enjoy your writing.
God bless!

cheryl said...

I have nightmares where I'm trying to call someone (probably an old boyfriend, no make that my husband who can't remember me, it's a nightmare, right?) on a rotary phone, and of course the dialing is incredibly frustrating!! By the way, I still have a new one of those tall flashcube thingys for the 110's.. I hope all is well with Charlotte Claire!