summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

tuesday, again

The sameness of the mornings can lull me into a complacency, a sense that life will go on forever for me. I don't want to take things for granted! I want to enjoy my kids, not just plow through the tasks, always thinking of what load of laundry goes in next......, or whether its more important to sweep first, or vacuum. I only have a limited time to accomplish ( ha, accomplish) things around here, in between changing diapers, feeding and washing kids, and nursing the incredible nursing baby. But so what? It has been more or less the same way for over 20 years for me. I don't want to feed my little,"suck a little-look a little" sweetie-pie with irritation because the sink full of dishes is calling me....It is a conscious work to be content where I am sometimes....that is why God made children so wonderfully appealing, though. So we will give them the love and attention they need.

Yeah, the tooth fairy forgot again last night...she should be fired! Sweet little Suzanne, 7, lost a tooth at dinner time last night, which for her is a huge deal. Of course. She put it in a cup on the kitchen window sill, and it is still there this morning. I told her maybe the toothfairy would come today when she is at school, but she said no, only at night. Please, someone remind me tonight!

I'm supposed to go to physical therapy for my knee. Ha ha. When? We live in a rural area, but there happen to be a place in the town 4 miles away, so that's not too bad. I guess my knee bones sort of grind together, and the muscles in the thigh are too tight, and blah blah blah....I am procrastinating, hoping it heals and I won't need to go. I am partly afraid of the pain. When the dr. was moving my leg around, man it hurt. I also own only skirts. How can I do physical therapy in a skirt? My kids think it's funny to imagine, my 15 year old son suggested spandex pants, and they all laughed at me. I am more than a little chubby, and spandex would be pretty bad. My teenagers tease me way too much. But they did say they would babysit if I go.

Well, Charlotte Claire's appointment went well yesterday. Apparently if you have to break your ankle, it's in your favor to be less than 2 years old. She is all healed up! She is such a little Person! It was sunny and dry yesterday, although only 32degrees. So she got to walk down the sidewalk, and she kept saying, "Walk!"....Then, she said that in Walgreens-have you ever tried to sit an unwilling toddler down in the front of a shopping cart? Well, I can't have her walking in the store yet, she has at least 8 grabby arms. Our third stop yesterday was the Blockbuster. I put her in the stroller, and she still managed to knock a metal shelf down, with a whole pile of Nancy Drew movies, tumbling to the floor....the worker-lady was very nice about it, she has a 3 year old herself. So Charlotte kept trying to do it again. I told her the second time is NOT funny. We got our movies quickly.

Well, time to get moving.

No comments: