summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday

Well, Charlotte Claire is okay. She fell yesterday and hit her head on the dresser, and was bleeding....heads do tend to bleed alot. I usually feel like the bottom of my stomach has fallen out when someone gets hurt...but we cleaned her up, and put on a bandage, it stopped pretty quickly.

The Easter baskets were thankfully received. I filled 15 this year, as Camille is way too little for candy! The older ones were thankful for personal chocolate supplies. And of course, the little ones just delight in it. Sonja opened her chocolate bunny right away, and ate the candy eye off, and Suzanne opened hers and nibbled on the ears. Charlotte Claire put so much candy in her mouth at once that she gagged and yuck, she threw up all over the living room carpet....she didn't mind. I was just glad we didn't get our new carpet yet. And also glad she missed the kids' baskets....

I miss my parents, especially on holidays. I used to call their house every day, no news was too mundane to share with them. I even called after I got home from the store, they, especially "Gramma"like to hear about what bargains I got....they are gone, their phone disconnected, their house for sale....I just can't believe it still. My little Suzanne, 7, wears Gramma's nightgown all the time. I just love when the kids remember her, how she used to come over and read them stories....how she thought going to the Chinese buffet was just the greatest...the time she lost a lense for her glasses, and didn't notice...she said, "I don't know what's wrong, I can't see out of my right eye.." Well, Gramma, maybe because your lense is missing...

No comments: