summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

wednesday night

One hand typing here again...Camille in arms..I could put her to bed, but she's so snuggly and warm....

I am taking the kids on an adventure tommorrow. To a city an hour away, where they've never been, to a hotel fot the night. We're leaving a bit after noon, and planning to swim before dinner. This hotel offers complimentary dinner AND free breakfast in the morning! We had to get 2 rooms:Aaron, Sam, Kathryn, Suzane, Jonathan, Camille, and I in one, and in the other-Abigail(21), Molly, Margaret, Evelyn, Sonja, and Charlotte Claire. I'm pretty sure we have too many, but I tried to ask, and the girl said they charge by the room....each room has 2 queen beds, a small living room w/a pullout couch, and a kitchenette for our micro. popcorn...Emily the nurse has to work, and three of the others have other things going. And Daddy has to work on Friday...So, besides 21 year old Abby, my next oldest is Aaron, 15, then Molly, 14.....

See, the younger ones haven't travelled or stayed in a hotel, and a trip to Disney isn't even on our "to do" list....and with all the gray, muddy, snowy, cold and windy weather we've had, it will be refreshing to have a change of scene. I'll remember to: put myself in their shoes, and enjoy the little things...be patient!.... listen to them...try not to be too picky about how they're dressed...not to flip out every time they wake Camille up....and have lots of fun!

No comments: