summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, March 13, 2008

doctor day

A trip to the doctor. I've never been to this dr. before. I've only been to the ob for the last few years...the last "regular" dr. I went to, I just didn't hit it off with. I told him I wanted to get into better shape, but wanted a physical first to be sure everything was okay...I had 10 or 12 kids then. He couldn't for the life of him figure out why I was open for having more! So, my knee hurts, and I'm going to see a new dr. Things are different now, I have 16 kids and am open for more.....I don't care if he understands or not, as long as he can help with my knee! I am not stubborn, or going against dr.s' advice: I haven't had any problems with my pregnancies, so I haven't been told, "no more"....If I had health problems, I would reconsider...

Now, going to the dr. is more complicated than it sounds. Camille Anaya is only 4 months old, and exclusively breastfed. ( I gave her a little taste of milk the other day, and she really screamed that night) . So, someone has to come with me to hold her in the waiting room. And someone else has to stay here and hold down the fort. The oldest three are in college classes this afternoon, so I'll bring #4, Mariel. My #5 is a boy, as is #6, and #7 is 14 year old Molly. Between the 3 of them, they can watch 12 year old Sam, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jon, and Charlotte Claire. My nice sweet husband is bringing home something for dinner. I ran the dishwasher, washed the counters, swept and mopped the floor, and did a few loads of laundry today. I'm glad I didn't have to pre-prepare dinner, too. My knee is sore, and I still have to go take a shower, and get Camille up, nursed and dressed before the bus comes, less than an hour from now.... We don't watch much tv here, but at 2:00 when Calliou comes on, yeah! Followed by Bob The Builder.....Jon loves those shows. It's a nice "down" time for a kid who hasn't napped since he was 2 years old...

Just typing the word nap....yum! I love naps. I also love an afternoon coffee, story books, kids, and cookies, all at the same time. I am extremely lucky, blessed, and happy. Being a stay at home mom for 23 years has been the best....I DO realize how good I have it, and am not bragging, I am just thankful with all my heart that I am able to do this.

No comments: