summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 27, 2008

ahh, the party's over

But, boy was it fun. Besides our kids, we had Eileen and Olivia, and Grace, and Carmen, and Zach, and Toby, and Hannah, and Irene...I am glad it was such a beautiful day for a party. The kids were here for 4-5 hours....we had hot dogs and macaroni and cheese, cheese puffs, pretzels, carrots, broccoli, and cerlery with dip....then chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting, then ice-cream cones....then prize bags with candy....see why it was nice to have it outside? Not just sticky, but the energy those kids have, especially with the extra sugar...they bounced on the trampoline, and rode bikes around the yard, and played in the sandbox....It's funny because when you have so many extra kids over, they go home and it seems like there aren't very many here....ha.

Charlotte Claire has found herself a lollypop, so I had Sam put her in the booster seat with a bib...and she just finished up and is getting down, so I had to go wash her up. I do not like sticky. That's why I think it's kind of funny that I have so many kids. I remember when I was young, and we had a camp on Lake Ontario, and I hated sand in my bed. Just couldn't stand it. I would wash my feet before going to bed, then wrap them in towels to walk down the hall to my bunk....and one night, my little brother put a handful of sand in my bed....I can't remember what I did back, but I'm pretty sure I didn't just smile and shrug it off. I don't like stepping on anything but a clean floor. I don't mind barefoot outside, but in the house the floors have to be clean. Which is challenging here, to say the least. I also am kind of crazy about sticky. But it's good, because it rubs off on the kids, and even when they're younger than two, if they get sticky they come to get washed...

I can't say enough about how much I am enjoying this spring. Being outside after the long long winter is yummy. But I miss my mother so much. It is really too much to even think about, her being gone. She absolutely loved lilacs, and daffodils. Even though my life is so full, I can't comprehend how I can live without her. She asked for so little. I really wish I had given her more.

Emily wants to bake some cookies, yay! We don't really need any today, but hey, if she wants to bake some....Her and Aaron are leaving Tuesday for England. They are going to Manchester, climbing some mountains, and taking a day trip into London. They want to avoid the tourist-y places, though. Guess who gets to take them to the airport? Jon, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and I. It is a 45 minute trip one way. But we'll make it fun.

The kids and I were talking last night, and someone said that there is no such thing as tomorrow. Because it just doesn't exist. It is only a theory. Or a hope. But we do have today. So let's not waste it.

No comments: