summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 18, 2008

friday

I typed a nice post, and it disapeared...I hate when that happens.

Charlotte Claire and Camille had their well-child checkups yesterday. Camille was friendly with the doctor, and trying to reach the stethoscope....but Charlotte was a little hesitant. The last time she was there, she had a broken ankle. She was a trooper while she was being checked out, but her eyes were welling with tears....then, she had to have her finger pricked to test for lead...she was heartbroken, loudly heartbroken....thankfully my Molly was there to console her, because Camille had four immunizations, and needed some cuddling too.

After that, we went to Blockbuster and rented some movies....Hannah Montana: harmless enough, but oh my goodness! Blah, blah, blah...I found myself wishing for the days when we didn't even own a tv....but the kids have been playing hard outside all day long, and a shower and a movie is a nice unwind. Then, we went to the carwash to vacuum the van! Evelyn took such pride in this, and really liked feeding the machine all those quarters. That's not all we fed the machine: cheese-its, popcorn, cookie crumbs, pretzels, puzzle pieces, hair elastics.....but it looks nice, now.

Then we went to the dollar store and got Charlotte Claire a yellow smiley face ball. And 49 dollars worth of other necessities...ha. Sonja, 5, was with us. She is getting much better, but she still gets "asky" when we're in the store. So I told her we would get hairclips, pretty and useful. But she didn't WANT hairclips! Her eyes were huge, looking at all the possibilities. We don't need any pretty usesless junk, so I stood my ground....I put some pretty clips in the cart, and she asked 4 or 5 times for something else....meanwhile, we have Charlotte Claire who likes to try to stand up in the cart, and Camille who just had 4 shots....and it's sunny out, I want to go home! We made it out of the store, and Molly told Sonja she was staying home next time. Sonja changed her tune pretty quickly, and delcared that she was glad to have some new hair clips....It would be too easy to spoil them rotten....they are already 1/2 way there.

So, today I finished the van. I washed the seats, AGAIN, and then sprayed them with Febreze. See, a 15 passenger van has two front seats, for the driver and co-pilot, then 4 bench seats...the worst barf mess was on the 3rd seat back. Worse place. Almost impossible for me, the young and beautiful mom, to get to. If it were on the back seat, I could reach from the back doors....Anyway, now it's done, it looks nice and smells nice, and I am happy. I would have missed out on this particular happy if this had never happened. Like I say, we never seem to get ahead here, just keep rowing and stay afloat....

So, if Evelyn's teacher asks the class to write about what they did on vacation, hopefully she will remember the zoo trip and forget the ride home. I really don't think the teacher will understand why an 8 year old would be cleaning up such a mess: but honestly, she wanted to. She is a funny kid. I'll have to post a picture of her. She has strawberry-blonde hair that is always sticking up every which-way, blue eyes, and freckles. She rides her bike like a maniac. She kind of likes gross things. She's my number one tree climber. She has a really loud voice. She is extremely capable. She thinks she can sing. I haven't told her different, but her brothers sure have!

So, other than a 24 mile trip into the city this morning, all by myself!, for some bloodwork, and a 10 mile roundtrip to bring M. to Lifeguard training, I have managed to stay home today. We planted some grass seed, cleaned out the sandbox, and Em went and bought some new stuff at the hardware store. Her and Aaron did a little landscaping around the hot-tub, which is getting hooked up soon. I have to go buy some stuff for it first. But tonight, I have to go pick up Joseph, 16, from the airport, 45 minutes from here. He, his cousin, and his friend have been in the Southwest visiting some friends of ours...so much for some time with my husband. I look forward to Friday nights, a little down time...

Kathryn wiped out on her bike yesterday, and really gouged her toes up. She lost part of her big toenail. One good thing: Emily the nurse had just gotten home! So mom-the-queasy didn't even have to look at it. If I have to take care of an injury, I can, and will, but if someone else can, thank you! I just get that feeling like the bottom of my stomach is falling out....yuck. So poor Kathryn. It hasn't slowed her down too much. We do go through alot of bandaids.

1 comment:

mommeeof10 said...

My kids always seem to get hurt when a hubby or my oldest is home. Good thing, as mom does not do blood. They had me lie down when one of my kids got stitches, as I turned green. Daddy brought the next injured kid to the er.