summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

windy warm day

It started out raining today, but it dried up, with a warm wind. 60 degrees is warm! I got out to sit on the deck for a little while, until the sky darkened, and it started raining again. I went grocery shopping with two of my daughters, and Camille (of course-breastfeeding babies get to go with mommy everywhere), and my sister, her daughter, and grand-daughter. I just love her little grand-daughter-I was there when she was born! Her birth was just wonderous, more touching to me than even my own children. Sounds a bit rough, but it's true. I have just plain loved her since she was born. She is beautiful. And smart. And she plays so nicely with Jon, and with Sonja and Suzanne. She loves Camille, too.

Anyway, we went to Target.....got some shorts for the boys, and some clothes for Margaret. And two shirts for me, and a couple things for my sister-in-law/friend, for her birthday. Then we went to Price-Chopper. They have an excellent ad this week: frozen chicken breast, $4.00 for a 3 lb. bag, pork chops for 99cents a lb., 1/2 off all their Pepperidge Farms bread (raisin, oat, whole wheat-yum), etc. We go through alot of food. I bought apples, bananas, grape tomatoes, fresh broccoli, and romaine lettuce. I usually just buy the produce that's in season, or on sale.

I was wondering: if anyone who reads this also writes a blog, let me know. I am interested in reading it. I turn on my computer, and don't know where to go. When I was pregnant for Camille I read all sorts of birth stories, and pregnancy boards....Now, I check out the prams on ebay, look my extended family web site, look at a few things, and don't know what to look at next. I have clicked randomly on blogs, and found some shocking things, but a few interesting ones.

Wow, my 16 year old son is eating a hunk of cheddar cheese with 3 apples. No wonder the apples disapear so soon.

Jon and Charlotte Claire enjoyed our visitors today: my sister, her daughter, and grand-daughter, and my sister-in law with her two little ones. Jon gets so excited about things, he couldn't even eat his breakfast this morning. I had an appointment this morning, and first I got the Jon and Charlotte Claire in the tub, then got Camille up, and bathed her, got them all dressed, and put Charlotte's shoes on, then told them I was going in to get dressed, and not to come in because Daddy was still sleeping (he has been working nights)...I came out of the bathroom, and Jon said really casually, "Charlotte already left." I ran out on the deck, and there she was, out in the yard in the rain. I grabbed her jacket, and hurried down the stairs, and she started laughing and running away from me. I picked her up and buckled her into her carseat, then went back into the house for Camille and Jon. It really shook me up. I am going to have to be very vigilant with this child. We live in out in the country, but the cars go fast when they do go by. Our house is 80 feet from the road, but still...I don't think the door was latched properly, she probably can't open if it is. And the inside door was open to let the warm air in. I should have buckled her into the high-chair, but what if she choked? Or put her in her crib with a toy....

5 comments:

Tania @ Larger Family Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tania @ Larger Family Life said...

Oops! I'll try again!

I am enjoying your blog. You have such a lovely family.

Tania
www.thesullivanfamily.wordpress.com

Thia said...

I've been reading a couple of weeks here. You can click my name to hop over and visit me. Nothing too interesting right now. Sickness, packing up a house, getting ready to move on after 5 years in this house. With a 19 mo old, a 3.5 year old, and of course, my dh. Oh...with baby #3 due in August.

Cassandra said...

I love your blog ;-) I have your blog link in my favorites so i can just click on it to check it daily, Feel free to read mine, just click my name...

Emma said...

I really enjoy reading your blog and look forward to your frequent updates. I am the second oldest of 16 kids (so far) and am SO glad to read about other larger families. Feel free to read my blog (though my writing is not as eloquent as yours). It's at mfamilytimes.blogspot.com.

-Maia