summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 12, 2008

weekend away

Paul and I, and of course Camille-the incredible nursing baby, are away for the weekend! Camille is the best baby for travel! She is sleeping in her carriage right now. When she fusses, I just put her in, she finds her thumb, and that's it for 12 hours or so...she slept in the carriage for the whole time we were in the hotel pool today, right in the corner in the pool room. We had the room to ourselves, and it sure was nice. It's not the Bahamas, but we can talk without interruption....and I love a chance to swim...

We drove 20 miles from here to find a Toysrus, to get Jonny a "raincar", which is a Little Tikes Cozy Coupe....the last one we bought was over 20 years ago, for our oldest daughter, Emily. She always referred to them as raincars, because they have roofs.....we still have the one that we bought for her so long ago, but it has seen better days...the wheels are pretty stuck, and ect...so Jon is turning 4 on the 30th, so he gets a big present....we found a bike there for the little girls, they have to share, but I honestly don't know which one needs one, but we found a boy's bike for $20....they won't care if it's a boy's bike......

Everything is relative. Some people have more free time than others...so maybe free time isn't quite as precious to them....I certainly don't get an excess, but when I get it, yum.... Same probably goes for other things too.

My dear husband has been wonderful this weekend. He takes such good care of me, and the kids....we spent our stimulus check on a new pump for the septic system, which sprouted a few other problems...with a household of 18, the system has to work....so much for all the other exciting things we could have decided on with that money.....anyway, my husband takes things so well. I am fully aware that he is so good and responsible because he loves God and strives to please Him. It isn't because I'm so wonderful, that's for sure...But we still crazy love each other after being married for over 24 years.....we are enjoying this....

No comments: