summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

wednesday night again

We went to Lowes in Emily's car - what fun for Mr. Birthday boy, Jonathan. He loves the other vehicles in the family, besides the van. We bought a microwave....then, we were out of eggs so we went to BJs....Jon got to ride in another car-car cart! Then home again, time to cook dinner: burgers on the grill, fries in the oven, and veggies in the new microwave. Then some keylime pie I got for 1/2 price the other day, to celebrate Jon's birthday, even though he had a party the other day. We make birthdays last a long time here....

Our main bathroom has a long counter with two sinks. I'm glad we had some vision when we built this house (I say "we", but I was home holding down the fort with 5 kids, the oldest in kindergarten, we were expecting #6 when we moved in)....anyway, when 4 kids are brushing their teeth at a time, I'm glad for the two sinks. And, we built the house with 3 full baths, which doesn't seem enough, but really it is. My brother and my husband built the house after work and on weekends, it took about 9 months.

We finished dinner, I did the dishwasher, washed the pans, and made their lunches for tomorrow. Now daddy is tucking them in...I feel a bit guilty sitting here, but Camille is taking an evening nap, and I really should get her up again. It seems so hard to carve out a little time here and there....

The reason I started writing a second post for the day: I thought I had something to say. I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Possibly because when these kids go to bed, the march out to the livingroom begins. Kathryn doesn't officially "live" in their room anymore, but she likes it in there, so she camps out on their floor. And Sonja just rolled off her bed onto her....and Charlotte knows she causes a huge stir when she runs down the hall, into their room yelling goodnight to them. They think she's hilarious. Molly just got Camille up for me, and Charlotte Claire is still up, and being a monster. So, time for me to go.

No comments: