summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 21, 2008

it's always something

No, we never get ahead here....Paul got the nice screen door back on yesterday. But the lock, which I don't need to keep people from getting in, but to keep Charlotte Claire from escaping, doesn't work. So we have to keep the big inside door closed anyway.

This morning, after getting 10 kids out the door for school, I headed into the laundry room for my favorite Monday morning routine....and I smelled propane. Really strongly. I called Paul at work....help, I'm a wimp and I don't know what to do...I had to drag a chair in there, stand on it, reach behind the dryer, and shut off the propane, then set a fan in there and check later to see if it dissapated. It did, so my nice husband is bringing home a new connection tonight, as he knows living without the dryer is very difficult. He will get that fixed somewhere between dinner and driving the kids to soccer practice....

But the good news: my nice brother might come over tonight to start on the hot tub!!! I really can't wait. I hope it's not too difficult to maintain.....I think I just want to get it running to feel like we've gotten ahead...No, I want to get in it and relax....

I brought Jon and Charlotte Claire outside today. It was very warm out. Charlotte fell on the sidewalk and skinned her knee, I think it's a first for her. I felt it. I ran over to her, and she put out her arms to be picked up, and my heart just broke for her. She seemed so shocked! We washed it with the hose, then went out back for a swing..she was whining, so we came back out front and I let them play with the hose...I think it felt good on her knee.....

No comments: