summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 24, 2008

it's always something, again



























Here are some pictures of Charlotte Claire: she was hungry. She climbs in herself, and buckles up. She also can unbuckle, a good thing to remember when I think I can run to to bathroom quick while she's in a safe place. Camille had her first taste of baby cereal today. She would rather grab the spoon. Here she is in her seat.

Well, now the microwave is broke. I'm pretty old, so I remember the good 'ol days when microwave ovens were only for the wealthy. Way before they creeped in and became a necessity. We have gone through 3 or 4 of them now. And this last one was the nicest model in
Wal-Mart. I don't know how old it is, but it is STILL the nicest one in Wal-mart, so it can't be that old....It just burned out. I guess for our family, microwave years are like dog years, 7 for ery one human one....
When I drag myself out to the kitchen in the morning to microwave (is that a verb?) the water for my coffee, I have to remember that it's broken, and put on the kettle...still easier than a pot of coffee. And way less caffeine in instant. That way I can have more cups without feeling jittery. So, is a microwave a necessity? I would say yes. I mean, microwave popcorn-how can one live without it? And how do you cook those "baked" potatoes on a hot day? Do we have to stove-top boil the frozen veges every night? And all those little baggies of left-overs the kids eat after school, do they have to eat them cold? Jeez, compared to the starving children in Africa, this is obviously a we-can-live-without-it, but other than that, we need it.

I was telling my sister recently how I learned a new word, can't remember it now, but then I saw it in two more places that same day. What is the word for that phenonomen?(spelling...?) She just got back from Georgia, and it happened to her while she was there. Now that I've brought it up, will it happen to others? Does it happen all the time and we don't notice it?

I asked my sister if she would like my pass word so she can come on here and write stuff, too. She is the mom of 7 girls, and one grand-daughter, and she has some good stories. I think it would be interesting to have her take on things here. We'll see.
Charlotte Claire is running out of steam, as we say when a child needs a nap, so why is she going faster and faster? Since I have been on this computer, she has tried to change from her diaper to a pull-up, served herself some Princess flakes cereal, in a bowl at the table, but at least she didn't attempt to add milk, she got on the table and helped herself to Jon's lunch that he wasn't done with yet, (he forms attachments to his meals, and doesn't want things thrown away.....but that's another story), opened the closet and got out the fishing game, and dumped out the whole bin of play food and dishes...now she's walking around in Jon's sandals.....not allowed! So, goodbye.











1 comment:

mommeeof10 said...

Does BJ's have a warrantee on the stuff you buy from them? I bought my microwave from costco, it died in 14 months and I took it back. They guarantee that you will be happy or your money back, even if the product is out of warrantee. They gave me all my money back and I bought a more robust model. They also did the same thing for the dishwasher that died a few months after the 2 year warrantee expired. I only had to pay $100 more for the new one, which included shipping.