summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, July 24, 2008

12 of us gone all day

Molly pushing Jon.... Jon and Charlotte Claire love these carts....
Charlotte Claire and Camille....with Evelyn in the background....



Here is Camille in the in the massage-chair in the mall....

Here she is with Aaron's optomotrist-issued sun shades....





Miss Charlotte Claire...





Suzanne and Evelyn....







So this is what the kids did while I waited at the eye-center with Aaron....Charlotte Claire looks nice in the square of light....





Jonathan, Suzanne, and Charlotte Claire....










Jonathan "steers" with his camera.....










oops, same picture...










When we got home from: Aaron's eye appt.,(Sears), 2 or 3 stores in the mall, BJ's,(the sample lady did not like giving mashed garlic potatoes to 11 of us), Wegmans, Price-Chopper, then the gas station,(where I saved $3 a gallon with my Price-Chopper savings! So almost 22 gallons of gas for $30!) and home.....Charlotte Claire, holds Camile, and Jon helps....I bribed Charlotte Claire with a piece of gum to take her picture.....











Here she is opening the gum....she acutally left her hair in the pony today.... I opened it up for as many of the kids to go today as wanted....I figured I was bringing the van anyway, so fill it up. Aaron had to go, and it was so nice to have him along. He is so good-natured, and he makes the best of things, and gets a kick out of the kids. Abigail, Molly, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jon, Charlotte Claire, and Camille also came. In Sears, they had %50 off some of the girls clearance clothes, so I let the girls pick out something to save for school....and I found Charlotte Claire a new shirt and skirt for $1.99 each...she was happy with it....then to Old Navy for a few pair of flip-flops....and I got Charlotte Claire and Camille matching bathing suits at Children's Place for $3.99 each....I know, I know, an eight month old baby does not need a bathing suit....but for $3.99, and matching her sister's? How could I resist? Charlotte Claire has a nice bathing suit already, but it has marker on it and a hole in it....which is probably fine, but when there are so many kids, I try to keep them neat and clean when we are out and about.......at home they are clean, but they wear their "at home" clothes....comfy, stained..(but clean).......






















Okay, grocery shopping for a camping trip takes planning and concentration....ha. We did write our meal plan, but of course I forgot to bring my list....but something about writing things down helps them stick in the memory, so I didn't do too badly....at least I don't think I did....but you should never shop when you are hungry, especially when the 10 (plus Camille) kids with you are hungry too....in BJ's, I am embarrassed to say, we bought: peanut M&Ms (2 huge bags), Swedish fish, roasted almonds (yum!),Starburst......and some muffins to eat in the van....(for lunch)....but we were so hungry, we ordered two sheet pizzas in Price-Chopper ( 2 for $10), and by the time I did my shopping (during which time Aaron and Molly walked around with a car-car cart with Jon and Charlotte Claire, and all the other kids except Sonja, who was with me, and put funny things into their cart....they thought it was so funny....then they put it all back.).... the pizzas were done....so we paid for them, along with a 2 liter of diet Pepsi, got some cups and plates, and ate in the little resaurant area...it was nice. They were really well behaved, and thankful for their pizza, which almost balances out how bad they were when they waited in the van with Abigail while Molly and I ran into Wegmans....I guess they got in a fight, the little girls, and there was much screaming and yelling....






















A dog has adopted us....I have to make some phone calls tomorrow to see if anyone has reported one missing....Paul drove it up and down the road last night, asking the neighbors, and they don't recognize him.....it is a black lab, less than a year old, and very sweet. It seems like someone has worked with this dog, he is obedient, and so soft and cute...listen to me. We do not need another dog! I really hesitate to call the dog catcher, because if no one wants him, will they euthanize him? I have to find out......the kids are having great fun with this dog I call George..he fetches sticks for them...and he acually listens to them...






















I am not going to renew my BJ's membership. Here is why: they have coupon books there, and I checked all the expiration dates before I gathered the coupon items.....(try using a $10 off 5 certain brand items with several hungry kids with you)...but I didn't think to check the BEGINNING dates....so, I had picked out Cookie Crisp cereal (I am such a nice mom), and some Dunkaroos (little cookies with frosting to dip), and the coupon wasn't good until next week!! I put all that stuff back, and apologized to the kids....I wasn't rude to the cashier, but I was not happy about it......ah well, not good stuff anyway....






















Tomorrow I plan to stay home and finish packing....you would think we were going away for 3 months from the sounds of it.....












1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Della, i love hearing about your day and shopping and everything else, I had to laugh at ,(the sample lady did not like giving mashed garlic potatoes to 11 of us), They never like it when we ask for 6 or 7, LOL i couldnt imagine asking for 11... she'd probably run and hide ;-)
Your camping trip sounds like its going to be so much fun...
Cassandra xx