summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, July 13, 2008

sunday morning in the hot tub in the rain

Oh, they love each other. Camille is such a sunshine, she just totally lights up when anyone smiles and talks to her, but when she sees Charlotte Claire, she goes nuts. Evelyn started playing the violin this morning, and they both looked over....they think she sounds good....

It's getting so that when I so much as take the camera out , the big kids groan....they were apparently reading my blog and laughing their heads off the other night when I was out to dinner....this is Sam, 12, and Joe, 17, trying to watch 10,000BC, which I thought was stupid....

I know, I know, too many pictures of Camille...but she doesn't groan when I get out the camera!


Yesterday Charlotte Claire had a fever...so mommy had busy arms and full hands.....




Aaron with Camille....





I didn't know Molly gave Charlotte Claire another kitchen sink bath until I saw these pictures on my camera....Molly thinks it's funny, and Charlotte Claire just delights in it....this was done when I was gone on Friday night.









The little kids ate fast this morning, as mom decided to take them in the hot tub after breakfast....cloudy, then rain on us! It was wonderful....not exactly relaxing: Jon is pretty reasonable, but Charlotte Claire (with her swim floatie on), is crazy....thinks nothing of going under water....she can walk in there, and it isn't over her head, but I keep a close eye on her anyway....and Sonja and Suzanne like to hook their feet over the sides and go under backwards.....Kathryn and Evelyn just like to talk to me, and fiddle with the lights and waterfall....last night we had a bottle-neck, too many wanted to get in at once....we should've gotten two! When I said that to Paul, he didn't even laugh....
We are planning an Adirondack camping trip....we haven't gone in a few years, but we started camping when Em was a baby, then bought our first camper (a little Coleman Pop-up) when we were expecting Benjamin, baby#3.....when we had five kids, all sleeping in the camper on trip, as we sat under the teeny awning in the rain, reading the newspaper by lantern-light, we decided: a bigger camper, or no more camping.....so we started looking, and when Aaron, baby #6 was born, we bought a 35 foot camper, with a front bedroom, and triple bunks in the back....supposed to sleep 9, so we thought it was huge....now, of course, we need several tents in addition. And no, we didn't win the lottery, we paid monthly for ten years...it's 15 years old now, and considerably battered, broken shades, ect, but pretty nice still on the inside...with gas prices, I can't even gues how much it will cost to tow it behind the 15 passenger gas-guzzler....and we'll have to take the truck to hold all the bicycles and stuff.....in New York state there is a 6 person limit per site at the state parks...I learned long ago to reserve the site on-line, and just fill in "6" as the number of people.....if they say anything once we get there, we can explain they are all our kids....Emily has to work, and will hopefully have 2 or maybe 3 days off to come up....Ben has to work, and can maybe drive up for one night and a day....so there will be just 16 of us for most of the time.....I am starting to think of meals......I can put 3 or 4 days worth of meat in a cooler, then more in the camper freezer...sorry, I am sort of thinking out loud.....
I would like to get a new bicycle trailer, that goes behind the bike, and converts to a double stroller....ours is so beat up....it only hooks to the bike with rope now....and to use it as a stroller, the front wheel doesn't go on, so you have to balance it on the two wheels.......we will see.....
Oh great, Charlotte Claire just noticed that kids are in the hottub, and is looking out the window, crying and saying, "got-tub, got-tub," over and over....

No comments: