summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 18, 2008

this fever is still in the house

First Charlotte Claire, then Jonathan, then baby Camille, then Sonja, then Suzanne, then Evelyn....who will be next? It doesn't last more than 2 days. Jon said his throat hurt. Summer virus? Evelyn went to the garden party yesterday, out in the yard, then came in and said she was freezing. Sure enough, sick....and stupid me forgot this morning that she was sick yesterday....and let her come shopping with me today. Oops....we went into the grocery store for just a couple things (really, this time, only $22)....and she said she was freezing again...uh-oh....we got home and she was on the couch, 102 degrees. One dose of ibuprofen, and she was eating dinner and running around.

We had to bring our van into the shop for a brake system, one that is needed to tow the camper....so I went to pick it up today. 4 miles down the road, the auto shop is. And on the way home, I almost got killed....almost. What a word. An old man pulled right out in front of me, I was driving 60 mph, and he pulled right out.....I had to slam on the brakes of that 15 passenger van, and honk, just lay on that horn....it was so close I just burst into tears....what was he thinking??? I had my lights on, my van is white. I do feel invisible sometimes, but this was crazy. So, now that I am alive, and not in the hospital.....whew. I know, I know, who cares about near misses....

A guy got killed on his motorcycle just a few roads down this morning. 38 years old. Lost control of his cycle, and hit a sign. Poor guy. Good gas milage, and tons of fun, but is it worth it? They are so dangerous. I tell my son Benjamin, if he ever gets the bright idea to get one, he can just move out. I would be too worried. The 4-wheeler is scary enough for me.

No comments: