summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, July 12, 2008

my hot tub.....

Jon can touch the bottom in the hot tub! In case my nice brother is reading this: you don't have to come hook up the hot tub, Mike did it....you were on vacation last week, and he said he could do it...so now we are just waiting for it to warm up. Some of the kids went in it at 70 degrees, I think I'll wait....around eight tonight it should be 100 degrees. I am so excited. I bought it last September, brand new, and life just got in the way, and it sat there, empty.....it seems like every time my brother attempted to work on it, something came up......so, unless someone invents a waterproof laptop, I won't be writing as much, as I'll be in the hot tub.....(wishful thinking, I'm sure.)

It is a very hot day here in central New York.....high eighties....what a nice day for Charlotte Claire to have a fever. Her temperature was almost 103 with her mouth open (I stuck the thermometer in when she was taking a little cat nap, because she hates it)....I don't know where she could have gotten anything, she hasn't been anywhere but the beach since Sunday.....I mean last Sunday was six days ago, that seems too long if she was exposed then, to come down with it now.....I suppose she could pick up something at the beach, but she wasn't in the bathroom or anything.....I guess I may never know. I gave her a half dose of ibuprofen, and she is acting like her old busy self again.....

I had a very nice swim today, I love being in the pool when it is extremely hot out....then getting out and baking in the sun for a little bit....too bad Camille woke up from her nap, and I had to go in the shade with her....she is turning into a little piggy baby.....or a baby piggy.....she eats the whole bowl of baby cereal, she shakes her hands and gets all excited when she sees her food....today, she tried graham crackers, and yum! She drinks one 5 ounce bottle of apple juice a day, just devours it.....she does not like formula though. I feel like she is just slipping away from me so quickly, just growing up. She is still cute and adorable, and so funny. She is sitting with a bunch of toys, and picking them up and smiling at them......she saw Jon with a graham cracker, and she is saying mom-mom-mom, which I guess is her begging phrase.

We have an air conditioner in the kitchen window, and one in the living room....we put a curtain across the hall, so only this main living area gets cooled down...it makes it nice. When I go through the curtain, it is balmy.....

We bought a violin! The kids are enjoying trying it out. Joseph really likes it. These kids have talent, and they don't get it from me. The violin is such a beautiful instrument, I hope someone here can ace it......

1 comment:

debi9kids said...

OH!A hot tub!!!! I am JEALOUS! We have been saying for years we would buy one with income tax money, but "something" always comes up first.
ENJOY a long soak!!!!