summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 14, 2008

monday, jon has a fever

Sorry, my dear sister!! We visited her in the hospital on Friday, and Jon has a fever today....Charlotte Claire had one on Saturday, and it didn't prelude any illness that I am aware of...just a fever for a day. Must be a virus.....So Jon is on the couch watching Bob the Builder....televisions and dvds are good for when the kids are sick.....

Emily worked two 12 hr. shifts, Saturday and Sunday, then came home last night and after a while went out to the hottub....(the little kids were in bed) ....so I thought I would go out too...because everytime I've gone in, it has been a full house in there (what do I expect, right?) So imagine my surprise when I got out there and Joseph, Aaron, and Sam were in there too! I could fit, but some water did go over the sides....it was a beautiful, clear night, with the moon glowing.....and fun to have some time with the older kids. Everything is "epic"....one of the boys was talking about how mom flips out about things....ouch! I replied that he doesn't know how hard it is to be in my position.....I want to be patient when the pitcher of lemonade goes flying off the counter and covers 10 square feet of kitchen floor, plus the splashes up the cupboards....and of course Jon was in his raincar, driving straight through it.....and every kid that came along somehow didn't see it, and would've walked straight through it if it weren't for my flipping out!!!(kidding, I know I could accomplish the same thing being patient and gentle...) but all excuses aside, it is the longing of my heart to : think before speaking, be patient and gentle, deal justly and mercifully with my kids.....

2 comments:

Martha said...

Oh yes, me too, but somehow the "glass" always seems to get jarred when the patience level is low. Well, not always, sometimes my patience has surprised even me. God is working.

Cassandra said...

Ah yes the flipping out thing... LOL, I hope charlotte claire is all better now and that jon feels better soon too....
You need to post some piccies of this lovely hot tub of yours... I have been after hubby to get one for years, i'm slowly wearing him down LOL ;-)
Cassandra xxx