summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

fun before the rain....

Yesterday morning Kathryn took the little girls out to play. I found out they were jumping from the top of the slide. Even Camille. Margaret had videoed it, I tried to put it on here but other people were uploading things at the same time, and after half an hour I gave up. Anyways, it was nice they got to play out there a bit because it ended up being quite a rainy day. This is the outfit Camille picked out for herself. Black shirt with brown and aqua skirt. hmm.
In the above picture, her right leg is much paler than the left. She is still favoring the "broken leg", but not as much as mommy would like!
Today is the official last day of school, finally!!!! Suze didn't go, she found out her teacher yesterday, and brought home all of her stuff. The other kids went, though. Emily is picking them up and bringing them home today, because she has a few days off, and she is a nice big sister. She might bring some of them to pick strawberries.....
And, my sister-in-law is coming over with some of her twelve kids today, to swim and play.
Well, Aaron and Samuel got on their plane and headed to to Norway....I will spare the boring details, but after a conversation with someone at the airlines due to a flight delay, Aaron told me, MOM, we have to leave NOW. Okay. I ran the brush though my hair, and grabbed my purse. Mirielle did the same, as Sam hurriedly shoved last-minute things into his carry-on...(he brought a huge hard cover World War II book in his carry-on, he cannot go a whole month without it)....we got them to the airport 45 minutes before the flight was scheduled to take off. Aaron texted me from the plane, they had made it!
Mirielle and I had plans....we had Tim Horten coupons. One for a free medium Mocha Latte, and the other for a 99 cent coffee, any size. Then to Target, again....she needed a few things because she is leaving tomorrow for the summer.
Then home to cook dinner, lemon pepper chops, basmati rice, and broccoli. The girls left for fellowship, Jonathan and Charlotte Claire rode their ride-ons around and around, I took Rosie out for a few walks....(walking the dog out in the rain is actually quite pleasant....I wouldn't otherwise go out in the rain....it is nice. When I took her out before bed, the rain had stopped, but there was the sound of water dripping everywhere, it was very warm out there, and the clouds parted just enough for the almost full moon to shine through. It was absolutely deliciously gorgeous out there.)
Rosie needs a bath, badly. Again. She is certainly like having another child, as far as the time it takes to take care of her, anyway.
Okay.....I got the paper out of the mailbox this morning.....I always scan the front page as I walk Rosie down the road....a story today about a very disturbed young father, 21 years old, prior history of violence, domestic disputes....police are called because he threatened to kill a child...they arrived, 21 year old man was outside with 3 month old baby and a gun....and then he shot and killed the baby. Police then told him to drop his weapon, which he didn't, he fired at the cops instead. They fired back and he is in critical condition. I would have taken that baby. How much anger did this young man have, to do something like this?
I realize there isn't much I can do about these things, but it sure makes me thankful for what I have been given, that God has had mercy on me and has allowed me to be raised in a good way, and has given me His word to work with. I know that in my flesh there dwells the same sin, and it is by His grace that I can learn to overcome such things like anger and bitterness.
On to happier things.....Happiness is:
1. Camille finding her other flip-flop.
2. Paul making a pot of coffee before he leaves for work.
3. Joseph getting up and doing the dishwasher before I get up in the morning.
4. Knowing my friend is coming over today with her kids.
5. Having a big bag full of bags of snacks, like cheese popcorn and chips...lots of kids go through lots of snacks quickly.
6. Ben bringing home pizza from work.
7. School being over, hardly any socks to match!!!!
8. No more homework!!!
9. More relaxed bedtimes....
10. No getting out school clothes the night before....
11. My older daughters dropping in......
12. Staying up late talking to any of the older ones....
13. The happy expectations of the two youngest girls, that their friends are coming over!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm like you I cry when I read certain news.. So much cruelty in the world... :'( and indifference.

Tim Horton and Target sounds like fun!! What I love about the american way of shopping is the homey feeling it all has. Getting a coffee to go makes you feel like you're at home enjoying some comforting time by the fireplace, even being in Target I used to looked at stuff and having this "at home" comforting feeling..
Here it's just stuff, over priced and not so well done or presented..

oh well :)
Do you have pictures of the doll house stuff? I used to play playmobils so much I would build them houses out of cardboxes, and make believe pies out of playdough..
I can't wait to have my little one and play with him! :)

Martha said...

It has been a sad news week. Sometimes it is hard to remember that in my flesh there dwells the same sin and harder still to realize.

I am looking forward to summer too, but I have no clue what I will be doing aside from helping at Vacation Bible School the first week of August. Emma will be here sporadically. Maybe one day we will take a ride to the beach.