summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 21, 2010

oh what a nice day...

I wish I was home more to enjoy it, but....I took Miss Camille to the doctor, her cast came off, the xrays came out fine, she has to go in and be checked in one month. She has walked gingerly on it, and she went in the big pool, which was probably very good gentle exercise for it.

We went to Walmart....we looked at the fish, we looked at the toys (I bought a new dollhouse set...I can't help it if they keep making new stuff...I mean, it was a baby set! A stroller, and a baby! How could I resist?) I bought three new bike helmets because we don't ever seem to have enough, and I read an article in the paper this morning about head injuries and deaths in children riding without them...I figure thirty dollars is less than a dr visit.

I cannot say the children were horrible in Walmart, because most off the time they were funny and cute and well behaved....but there were moments.....Charlotte Claire might just be jealous of Camille...that would be a good explanation for her pushing Sonja, who couldn't just move away or gently tell her to stop, no ,Sonja either shrieked at her or shoved her back....or she was bugging Miss Camille, who was riding in the cart, only reaching occasionally for random objects to throw into the back of the cart....and Jon: he had a minor meltdown because he just gets so hopeful looking at the toys. He didn't really ask for anything, he just kept saying that we rushed him through the toys, over and over again. Then in the van he said that we just don't like him. Our next stop was the dollar store, and my goodness, I was ready to just go home....but Jon said he was going to be good....anyway, we just got some freezepops and some raising bread in there, then went into Biglots quick....50 cent bags of cheese popcorn, 85 cent Fritos, and some things for the boys to take to Norway with them....

And HOME. I brought some grapes and snacks outside for them, and after a nice long swim, I left with Camille, Samuel, and Mali to get Sam his new sneakers. Target had some he liked for $20, so we got them. Then a quick run through the grocery store next door because we were there....

And HOME, again. Aahhh. I am not going anywhere tomorrow. Wait, I have to bring the boys to the airport.....

1 comment:

Martha said...

We went to the library today, actually two. We were looking for "Little Whistle's Medicine" because it was the only Little Whistle book we hadn't read yet. We were almost home when Emma yelled out, "Where's Panda?" He had stayed behind at the library...