summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 5, 2010

staying home on saturday...

is more tiring than one would think.

The kids' cousin Grace, who is Sonja's age, has joined our party for the night. Now we have Nate, Olivia, and Grace visiting. It SEEMS like a party. We had a fire out back, roasted hot dogs, I made baked beans and green beans and brought out some baby carrots and a watermelon, and ice water and soda, then s'mores and marshmallows.....I had to hold a wiggly and energetic Camille, but it was very enjoyable and I told the kids stories, like...

Once upon a time, when I was 7 or eight years old, my family was going camping, and back then there was no such thing as reserving a site on Reserve America. So my brothers rode their bikes aproximately 57 miles on their junky bicycles to save us a campsite. I don't know their exact ages, but I am guessing Billy was around 10 and a half or 11 and 1/2.....then Joey 13, Tommy 14 or 15, and Bobby 16....

I miss having a baby, but my goodness, life is easy! I have been sitting at campfires for like 25 years with babies in my arms....keeping the baby covered from mosquitos, putting the baby to bed and coming back out, or whatever...I still can't get over how free my ams feel, even though they have been filled with Miss Camille-The-Helpless lately.....I went in the pool a few times today, and even that is so much simpler. And shopping without lugging the infant car seat or nursing in the van before shopping, then again after, adding hours on to each trip. I would of course do it again if I was so blessed, and happily!!

No comments: