summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, June 11, 2010

sadness....

My heart is heavy this morning. A young man from a family we know quite well, who lives in another state but is in our church, has died in a car accident. He is the same age as my son Ben, and my kids knew him better than I, but his sister lived in our area for years, and has stayed here to help me, back when Evelyn was born. And his mom and dad, I just cannot even imagine....there are just no words.

Everything else seems so little and devoid of meaning when these things happen.....

However, Glen Cocoa is back! I am going to call his "Mama" soon, so she can come get him. The look on Jonathan's face when he came out of his room this morning and saw that dog, oh my goodness. I told him right away that Glen is just visiting, but that was happy enough. Glen is now outside because he and Rosie go wild together sometimes, and they were re-establishing who is the boss. And that is not quiet or peaceful.

I am babysitting for our friends' three year old today. He is the youngest of eight, and therefore really like two years old. I have been so busy cleaning the last three days, I was looking forward to some down time today, so I hope he is not too busy, or too sad about his mommy and daddy leaving him here. He has been know to cry off and on for hours, missing them. He is supposed to be here for four hours, during lunch and naptime. ha, naptime. That is one thing I miss. But if Miss Camille naps, she is up 'til eleven or later. She sleeps so late, her nap would have to be late, and no, I will not wake her up earlier. I enjoy this morning time....Evelyn missed the bus though, and is in a weepy mood. She is ten going on 15, and the whole world is against her this morning. Right as the bus came, she remembered she HAS NO SHOES. What did she wear yesterday then, I want to know....? Kathryn's. hmm. Anyway, no peace and quiet this morning. The other day when she missed the bus and and got to skip was just way too much fun, so it is my fault.

Anyway, Timmy is coming over, I have to batten down the hatches. Put away the ride-ons (my kids know not to run into the stove or the walls or crash into each other, somehow), and stow away Jon's fragile things. He is Mr. Careful with his toys. I just hope Mr. Tim isn't afraid of Rosie, that will make things interesting.

What I really want to do is get a good book and get back into bed for a few hours.....no sound but the turning of pages. But that ain't gonna happen. And that sounds terribly selfish. My kids will have fun with Mr. Tim, and so will I.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I am sorry about the loss of your friend. That is too bad...We never know why God does anything, but rest assured that it happened for a reason. :(

This is Holly, not Ashley. Too lazy to change accounts.