summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, June 25, 2010

goin' to the beach!!!

But first I want to point out an article I just read on http://brunstad.org , about a mom and her battle with cancer. It brought me to tears, and really encouraged me to be faithful in my own thoughts and temptations....

So the beach....Emily has this nice little block of days off, and she suggested the beach today. The weather for today: in the high seventies, less humid, and plenty of sunshine. PERFECT beach weather! We are having chicken wraps, Mirielle marinated the chicken breast, baked it, sliced and baggied it up last night. I cut up peppers and tomatoes and lettuce and olives, and put them in baggies. And I cut up fruit, watermelon and cantaloupe and strawberries, added grapes, and now we can have some cold fresh fruit at the beach. I was eating it as I cut it up, oh if I could have this every single day...I guess I would get sick of it or not appreciate it so much. We are also bringing hot dogs and marshmallows. We plan to be there for quite a while. I have to remember a thermos of coffee!

Only eleven kids are going with us...and a few of them aren't exactly "kids", but they are MY kids.....Ben has to work, Abigail has to work, Aaron and Sam are in Norway, and Joseph is going to the Adirondacks for the weekend on a canoeing trip with the boys from church. So it is Emily, Mirielle (not kids), Mali, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. Jonathan with ten of his sisters...poor kid!

Charlotte Claire just came out with four grocery bags full of blankets. Hmm, I think she is planning on taking a nap there!

We are going to a beach along the shores of Lake Ontario....it is nicer than the ocean, in my humble opinion, me who has been to the ocean THREE TIMES in my life (Virginia Beach, Delaware, and Jamaica) , Lake Ontario is nicer....no salt, no sand crabs, no rip tide, smaller waves, (although they can get very dangerous when they are bigger)....and less deep hot white sand to wade through to get there......

This is the best part of summer....the younger kids are up and we are not in a hurry, yet anyway, no bus coming....they are watching "Super Why", Camille is all cuddled up to me, Jonathan went out to ride his bike in the driveway, Suzanne is eating a bowl of mini-wheats in Gramma's nightgown....Charlotte Claire and Sonja K are cuddled up under a blanket on the couch, it is not cold, but they like to be cozy, I guess.

3 comments:

Martha said...

Have fun! Some day I'll find you there, but not today. Later today we'll cross paths as I drive to Oswego where Ben is going to help out at camp for a few weeks.

Piper Paradise said...

Love the "only 11 kids are coming with" part of the post. Have fun at the beach!!

FLmom7 said...

Hope you enjoyed your beach day:)