summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, June 4, 2010

girls' trip!!!

Oh my goodness, I am jealous. I want to be 12 or 14 or even 21 and go on this trip. I tried to get in on it, but no, they did not need me to drive the big van. They are taking the minivan, Emily's new Suzuki, (it's a car, not a motorcycle), and three other vehicles. 22 girls...without me! wah. To be young again...and to be raised like these girls are, they have no idea how extremely blessed they are, having friends in the church to hang around with, girls with the same hope....girls that want to be faithful and remain pure, yet have fun together..... I am excited for them though. They have changed their destination because of the weather forecast, and are going farther south to the ocean.

I check craigslist out mostly every day.....the other day I found a brand new car seat with one of those carseat strollers, new in the box, for $70, I called my sister-in-law, because her son and his wife are having a baby....she called too late, it was gone...wah. This morning I called about a Step2 pool and slide, $50. We already have the pool, but it has been patched up a few times....and we don't have this really cool slide that comes with it. Who knows, it might already be gone, but if not, I will be taking a drive tomorrow to pick it up.

Today is supposed to be nice and sunny....but Mirielle is leaving in a half an hour, so I will have no one to sit in the sun with except the two little girls...and Ben and Joe, ha. I feel like going to the school and picking up all the kids.

We are going to a parade this evening in a nearby village. We go every year, the kids get some candy, we see people we know, and have some fun. We are watching the movie, "Alice in Wonderland" when we get home. At least we are planning on it.

Mirielle made brownies for her trip, and left some here for the kids.....Charlotte Claire is eating one for breakfast. I would rather not be home with a pan of brownies all day.....

This post is pathetic, but Mirielle is grinding coffee, and drying her sleeping bag with an Arm and Hammer softener wipe to make it smell fresh and floral, and Kathryn is buzzing around here talking about who is sitting with who in which vehicle....I cannot concentrate, plus people are meeting here in 20 minutes and the place is...well, let's just say I should get out of this chair.....

No comments: