summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 28, 2010

monday, right?

The most excellently wonderful thing about summer has to be when one doesn't quite know right off the bat what day it is...

Disclaimer: I did not really fine any of the children for the camera card. I wrote that, but I cannot take their money. Even when we go someplace and they buy something, then hand me their crumpled dollars and pile of change, I usually just tell them to keep it....Besides, no one took it!

Sonja is going to the big big mall in the bigger city today with her cousin Grace and my two nieces, Cheryl's girls. Kate, Grace's mom, and Becky, her sister, are favorites of mine. I love them like they are my own daughters, and it is special that Sonja has these trustworthy and sweet and kind big girl cousins to spend time with.

I am thinking of taking these guys to the library and maybe to the store today. We took out 14 books the other day, and I joyfully located them all this morning. (when I helped them clean their room the other day, I found a long-lost book from the smaller library. ooops, but yay.)

The girls are cleaning up for me. It was Kathryn's idea, and I think it is a grand one. Having them pitch in and get the place nice in the morning before they go on the computers or play or go on bike rides is only right. Right now, however, I am not along side them working, obviously. I told them it is okay that I get to sit here and write for a little while, because I am the Grand High Witch. Okay, that is an old movie that most people haven't watched....

Well, this is proving to be way too difficult to concentrate...(Suzanne and Jon have walkie talkies, Sonja needs me to get her some byb-bye clothes, Kathryn is marching around the kitchen with the backscratcher, Evelyn did the stompy dance because she NEEDS to eat breakfast before she cleans or, according to her, she "will have a heart attack"...well, we don't want THAT to happen. Jonathan wants some clothes, too, he is walking around in his undies. Joseph is playing his guitar in his room, quite loudly, two of the girls are trying to convince me that they need new bras....) .gone are the quiet mornings after they get on the bus, before the little ones gain momentum....not that I mind, of course. After all, we are going on an adventure today!!!

2 comments:

crzy4myfam said...

I so know what you are talking about! I usually get days mixed up towards the middle of the week. LOL!

~Rebecca

michelle said...

I just wanted to let you know i enjoy reading your blog i only have two kids but wish that i had had more its good the older kids can help you i really dont know how you mangage!!! especially financially as we both work and still struggle well will wait till tomorrow to see what else you have been up to