summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 14, 2010

oops.

We left two car seats in the minivan, which Paul drives to work. (isn't that sad? A grown man, driving a minivan to work? when we knew we needed a reliable vehicle for his commute, we also knew we needed something big enough for our older kids to fit in to go to youth meetings, so we wouldn't have to drive them in the BIG van....so, Paul sacrificed the red convertable, and drives the blue minivan) Anyway, today Jonathan decided to stay home with Joseph, and off we skipped to the big van, Mirielle and I with Charlotte Claire and Camille....then, oops. Only one carseat. So I did what any mom would do, I bribed Charlotte Claire to stay home. Big time. I promised her a new Barbie, because she REALLY wanted to go shopping with us. She stood there and thought about it for a minute, and hopped out of the van and into the house. I already have a new Barbie in my closet, so when she wakes up from her little rest on the couch, I will get it for her.

Camille was the little spoiled one today. She kept saying she wanted to go to McDonalds first, then Target. Well, the little stinker, I never even said we were going to Target, but I guess she knows me. We went to AutoZone first, to get a replacement bulb for the headlight, because I hate driving with that paranoid feeling that I am going to get pulled over, never mind that I can't see so well. Then Target, where I got myself a new king size comforter, Liberty of London (such pretty fabrics!), for only $17.48, some shirts for the girls, and a present for Paul for Father's Day. Then to the grocery store.....Camille is such a brat! A cute sweet huggy scrumptious brat, but still...she got her cookie, and her balloon, (which went to the ceiling when we were at the checkout, and Mirielle couldn't reach it, even jumping as high as she could, it was hilarious....then a lady suggested using some tongs, so Mirielle went to the cooking aisle and got a pair, and voila, she got it on the first jump/grab....)...anyway, Miss Camille wanted fries from Mc D's, and rats, all I could see is that I TRAINED HER to want fries. Even though I seriously NEVER order fries for myself, no I only snitch a few from them. Anyway, I didn't like it that she wanted to go there, but I took her there anyway. She barely even ate any of the fries. I got my lovely coffee, yum, it lasted most of the way home....

Yeah, so just another day. But this IS the day that the Lord has made, so we will rejoice and be glad in it. (psalms 118, v. 24)......even though the laundry room looks like it is vomiting out dirty clothes. And Charlotte Claire's bedding had to be washed AGAIN. And the clothes monster is alive and well. And Paul and I are supposed to go to a summer conference meal planning meeting tonight, and I have to have dinner prepared and served and cleaned up EARLY. And all I feel like doing is sitting here, with my new comforter.

Only six and a half days of school left for the younger kids!!! Yay! I think we are going to go out and take a quick swim before dinner....sometimes I wish I could just hand them a nutrition bar or something, dinner is such an ordeal. But there is chicken marinating that has to be cooked....

1 comment:

Joni said...

Nope, I don't think it's sad that a grown man drives a minivan to work. Big deal. He has a vehicle to drive, a job to go to, a family who also needs the van sometimes. He's a lucky guy!