summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 23, 2010

bowling fun

Kathryn and Suzanne My sister and five of her seven daughters met us there...and her grand daughter, Grace.

Abigail and Grace, Evelyn in the back and Claire, Audrey, Janet, Margaret, Becky...Suze in front of Evelyn, Sonja being hugged by Claire, Jon in front of Janet (Jon, the only boy present), with Charlotte Claire next to her, then Kathryn in the chair with Camille in front of her....
Jonathan and Camille...they didn't put any quarters in, don't worry.



Is this cute, or what?




I have no idea who this lady is, but I am certain that she had no idea how ridiculous she looked while she was bowling....


Jon with Camille and Charlotte Claire






Suze and Kap....Suzanne sat with me last night and I braided her hair. The plan was to take it out today and have crimpy hair, but I think she liked the braids...so crimpy hair tomorrow.





Sonja K. and Kathryn







Charlotte Claire




Sonja K and her cousin Grace



Camille thought the best part was wearing those nice bowling shoes....
I came home with a smile on my face, despite the fact that it was almost 10:30 and the kids were pretty tired and I was too and I still had to put them to bed.....my smile was because the bowling place we went to was so welcoming. Even though we had 15 bowlers, and had to exchange shoes several times to get the sizes right, the people there made us feel so at home. It was only one dollar a game, with free shoe rental...and we had some $1 fries, a few $1 hot dogs to split, a few of the girls had $1 pizza.....they even brought out a pitcher of ice water and cups with our food. I can't describe it, but the people there seemed happy, like they enjoyed their jobs and wanted to please us. I appreciated it very much, and we thanked them profusely. They are running the $1 special in the evenings for the next few weeks, and I would really like to go back some night. There are very few places one can take a whole group of children and spend so little, and not feel like a burden. It could be that the workers had some entertainment watching us, as we are quite un-talented. My nieces DID do some nice little victory dance thingies when they knocked down some pins. And we all applauded when someone rolled a gutter ball. Oh, fun and more fun....my kids all thanked me and said they had a nice time tonight, so it was worth it....










5 comments:

Tereza said...

fun times...you always do fun stuff with your kids.

Mike and Katie said...

You are so funny about the pictures of yourself. When I first started reading your blog, it took me some time to realize that the mystery women you were always refering to was YOU! (That was before you we pictured in the header photo.)

16 blessings'mom said...

I made a mathematical mistake in this post, only FOUR of my sister's daughters were there. Ellen is in Norway for a year. oops. And Katie, I don't like putting pictures of myself up but my older kids don't think it is fair.

Caroline said...

Looks like fun! :D It's nice to read you blog and see how you guys are doing. I Miss all of you and you house! I hope to come back again in not so long.... :)

cheryl said...

I noticed that mistake, too, Della, and I wanted to go waahhh.. I miss Ellen, and she WOULD have been there, right? It was a very entertaining evening.. that's what they said..