summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, August 21, 2010

hmmm......

Too much birthday? Evelyn made her own cake, and frosted it too. So we sang to her again. She is sitting in one of her new chairs...









Lovely...
We had a nice dinner tonight...we didn't have spaghetti because we are out of sauce...how did that happen? So I made chicken and gravy and mashed potatoes. We played restaurant. Suze made ten bowls of garden salad, and served them to her brothers and sisters, with their choice of dressing. We put fresh Italian bread and butter out, and cups of ice water. After our salads, I served the potatoes and chicken and gravy....we had candles lit on the table, and it really seemed like a restaurant.
Ten people at the table turned to eleven when Ben came in. (Aaron and Mali are at work, Margaret was at band practice with Abigail)
I think the kids miss daddy. They have been acting up today, and I hate to be the meany, but they have to listen to me. Jonathan, when he gets too tired, just loses it. He gets totally unreasonable....he is still talking in his room to Sonja...this is a big job, raising these kids..I love them dearly though. When I tucked Jon in tonight, I got into his bed with him and talked to him for a bit...and Camille, oh she is huggy and sweet...I sing her three or four songs when I tuck her in, then she asks to get into her "bed"...and Sonja...she LOVES attention. At the table tonight we went around and each one said what he or she was thankful for, what they liked about Evelyn. When it was Sonja's turn, she said," uh, uh, um..."and she looked around at everyone and laughed...Kathryn suggested we just skip Sonja, but I said we should give her a few minutes...
Anyway, I feel extremely challenged today, but know it is just one step at a time, and He is with me....I certainly need more patience and some wisdom....



2 comments:

Carolyn said...

You are a good mom! You have your hands full, but you do a good job! Keep looking up!

Mom said...

Isn't is amazing that even though Dad is at work all day--when he is away from home the kids know it! I can't hardly do it and I only have 2 kids. Love the birthday cake! Our birthday season ends next month for awhile. Really looking forward to a break from cake for awhile (it's my nemesis!).