summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, August 22, 2010

out for pizza

Camille and Charlotte Claire were all ready to go bye-bye...so Samuel read them a story to keep them happy and out of trouble... Twelve of us went to Pizza Hut. Kathryn and Sonja
Margaret and Sam...(and Kap)


Joseph....drawing on the placemats


Charlotte Claire




And Evelyn....




Oh, and Camille





And Suzanne



And Abigail and Jonathan....

We had lots of pizza, because they are $10 each for large with up to three toppings...plus we splurged and got a Buffalo Chicken pizza....the waiter was soooo slooow. He forgot the straws, the silverware, and gave the little girls giant cups....I asked him very nicely for some small ones, he got them...then I asked for the straws....(only because the small cups have tops...) then we realized only three of us had forks or knives...so I sent Evelyn up to ask for some....then we waited and waited and waited.....for the check. We finally just went up to the register, and the poor guy brought our check over and apologized, and thanked us for being so patient, and offered us 20% off the bill for being so patient. I think it was his first day, or perhaps his second. I know when Miss Mali had her first day at McD's, people were SO rude to her. So I was extra careful to be kind to this young man....and we left him a ten dollar tip. (it was the one I taped together this afternoon after two naughty little girls ripped it into three pieces.)

I parked near the front of the dollar store....as we all filed out (eleven of us filed out, Joseph stayed in there and listened to music), a guy on the sidewalk said, "Wow, what a van!"...I just nodded in agreement, and he said, "Wow, it is NICE!"....hmm, pick-up line? ha. I mean, our van?

Goldilocks, I mean Camille, broke this nice one dollar chair to bits in Real Deals. It was SO funny.







I spoiled them in the RealDeals..it is a dollar store...I let Jon get a police set with handcuffs and a badge and a really loud whistle...hmm, maybe I have GONE around THE BEND....anyways, he has already arrested Kathryn.....and the whistle....I may have to "lose" it. Kathryn got a nice notebook, Sonja got a notebook too, Margaret and Evelyn got some pretty scarves to decorate their room, Suze got a plastic recorder/flute, Charlotte Claire got a gun that makes too much noise to play cops with Jon, Camille got a nice little backpack. I got After8 mints, and a few of those Chocolate Oranges, and some Hershey Kisses, and some frozen big pretzels, and some lemon Italian Ices. And a rug for over near the door. Basically like $50 worth of snacks and treats and junk....oops. But it was so much fun!
Home.....we had pizza left for Aaron......as soon as we got in the door, Camille wanted cereal....Sonja needed a bandaid for a moquito bite she itched and climbed up on the counter, knocking to the tile floor a glass Pyrex mixing bowl....CRASH...one of my least favorite sounds. Well, next to the shrill whistle of Jon's new Police Whistle. What WAS I thinking...? Now Sonja is getting arrested.....











No comments: