summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, August 13, 2010

day at home.....

So far, at least. It is supposed to be a very nice day, sunny and warm but not overly hot. We have had a glorious summer. We are getting just plain spoiled here in central New York state. My kids are content to stay here, they are not getting bored. They like to play SIMS on the computer, it is a game where one designs houses and sustains the people therein. They are playing dollhouse, coloring, playing house in my room, they built a fort in the back yard, they color in the driveway with chalk....and they like to make things like iced coffees and different tea drinks. Summer could last another few months and we wouldn't get bored....there are still things we need to do...

1. Go to the children's museum of play.

2. Corning Glass Musem.

3. Another big library trip.

4. Pack up at least 12 kids and visit my sister and her family in the Adirondacks. Just kidding, Cheryl.

5. Go to Demuth's pool again, pending invitation.

6. Pack up at least 12 kids and visit my younger brother in his new house, ha. He will NEVER invite us. His house is in one of those neighborhoods where no inflatable pools or above ground pools are allowed....and he has already said if a vehicle leaks oil, it is not allowed in his driveway. When I jokingly said I would love to come over with my big dented van, he did not laugh. Nor did he say it was okay to come over.

7. Go to the drive-in. The movies haven't been kid friendly enough yet.

8. Go on a grand adventure, where I have a foggy idea where we are going, and they just come along with all the questions.

9. Take the kids to the zoo, on a day that is cooler.

And that is all I can think of for now. I personally would like an everyone-pitch-in-and-clean-up time.....sounds like fun! I am sad today because today we were supposed to leave for our 9 day vacation up on Lake Ontario. We cancelled because Paul has been too busy to get the camper ready, and other reasons. Come to find out, we would have had to cancel anyways because of Paul's upcoming trip to India, which would have cut into our time....so I thought he had next week off anyway, but no....he only has Wednesday and Thursday....and he leaves on Friday. Good thing I know how to have fun with the kids without him, although it is way funner (that should be a word) with him. Oh well.

On a good note, Miss Emily Anne is going to India in December for a wedding, and asked me if I want to go...of course, I said YES. She said she might go visit some countries in Europe first to visit friends...sounds heavenly. It all depends on if there will be enough people here to watch the younger kids. Of course if I think about it too much, I won't go, because it doesn't make sense to leave the kids...and I don't like to do it. But I cannot bring them all with me....oh, if I won the lottery I would take them all on an all-inclusive vacation somewhere, and just enjoy them.

Oh well...like I told the cashier in the grocery store yesterday, I am on vacation everyday. She said I was lucky. I told her, "Well, I DO have 14 kids still at home...." She didn't envy me anymore....because she does not understand that the blessings far outweigh the work and the frustration and the expense.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

Don't Just Kidding, Me!! You should come up and visit us! Just bring sunshine.. and beer.. did I say beer? Just kidding..

Martha said...

And what ever happened to the Spring Lakes Trip? Isn't that on the way to Fairhaven?