summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

tuesday.....

Jonathan is Wii bowling. I do not play video games, but I have played Wii, it is great fun. I have pitched baseballs and gone bowling. We only have a few games, but I am thinking of getting a few more for Christmas this year.

Charlotte Claire is pouring her own FruitLoops this morning. She wants to. I am letting her. It is because I am lazy, and want to sit here and write, or is it because I am a nice mommy? hmm.

Benjamin got hired at THE SAME MCDONALD'S as Aaron and Mali. I have to find a way to snap a picture of the three of them. Ben only has 14 weeks until he is the property of the U.S Army, officially. Well, he sort of is now, all signed up. But he ships to basic in November. This particular McD's has been very generous in giving my kids lots of hours and long shifts, they are promising Ben 40hrs a week. Do not tell them he is leaving for the Army, please. He left that little detail out of his job interview.

Mirielle is coming home on Saturday!! She is taking the bus. I was going to go pick her up, but buying a $68 bus ticket is worth it, better than 6+ hours there, then 6+ hours back.

I had a bad dream last night that Paul got an apartment. It was awful. I was over there visiting him, and I noticed the little girls' bathing suits in some boxes. The apartment complex had a nice pool. At first I thought he had a brilliant idea to have a place where we could have some time alone, then I realized that he had left me, and that he planned to have the kids visit him. I was totally and completely crushed, and I said to him, "You LEFT me? How could you?" All I could think of was how the kids love to go visit Emily and Abigail's apartment, and how exciting it would be to go visit Daddy...I was furious....then I woke up.....I know he wouldn't reallly do this, I think I am subconsciously feeling abandoned. wah, poor me.

Today is sunny and fall-like. It was what my mother would call "good sleeping weather" last night. Cool and comfy. I need to got to a store, we are running out of milk, we have no bananas, are low on fresh fruit, bread, could use some yogurt, have no butter and just one tub of margarine. Hmm, will I take everyone in the big van and make a day out of it? Will I take just a few kids and leave some home? Will I sneak out the door all by myself? Well, we KNOW I won't do that one....I think it will be the first option....

4 comments:

Mom said...

Wow--there is always so much change going on at your house, I don't know how you process all of it. Jobs, army, potty training, etc. It never stops I guess when you have 16 kids. I'm struggling today with my baby moving to a big bed. I can't imagine him going off to work or to the army. Anyway, bad dream--hope you feel better today and have good night's rest.

Anonymous said...

oh that dream sounds really sad..
Sometimes I have dream where I date some other guys, and then I feel SO guilty, but it was just a dream..
I hate those dreams that make you feel bad like this...
Maybe you do feel abandonned as your kids are leaving. That just means you did a good job as a mom because now they are responsible adults :) And they will not abandon you, only need you a different way.
I am so happy we moved back close to my mom!

Martha said...

I went grocery shopping with just Emma and I had fun just listening to her jabber the whole way through Aldi, BJ's, and Wegmans. She is very dramatic. I love her!

mommeeof10 said...

My kids have all been sleeping late this summer. Rosalie was up when I went to the store early yesterday morning, so I took her with me. I forgot how much fun it was to shop with only one, not yet verbal, child. Anne and Mary were at their first day of classes at the community college. Wah, summer is almost over! My kids start late this year. The school district decided to remodel the old high school, early 1930's civilian works project, to make a new middle school. It will not be done until days before the (school) year starts on the day after labor day.