summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, August 5, 2010

our little adventure...

Joseph watched Miss Camille, who did not want to go swimming, while I went in with Sonja, Jonathan, and Charlotte Claire. Miss Charlotte Claire, who is four years old, is a very smart girl. She told me that she knows it is very bad to go near the pool when no grown up is around because "it can catch on fire!" hmm. Okay. Among other things, I suppose.

We swam in the afternoon heat, it was absolutely delicious. Our pool is staying very nice and clean this year, and we are enjoying it.....

When we got out I was surprised how long we had been in there, we had to hurry to make the afternoon movie. Paul was home with Samuel, he said he would take the two little girls somewhere special. I felt a bit better about leaving them behind, then we hurried into nice clothes and out the door. We were the only ones in the theater, and yes, we did get popcorn. I told the kids we could talk during the movie as much as we wanted to, and we did. We sat in the second row, I was in the middle with the popcorn....oh my goodness, it is strange to just have two kids. There were free refills with the popcorn, so we got one on the way out, which Sonja promptly dropped on the floor....all the good buttery stuff fell out. She asked me later if I was embarrassed, I lied and said ,"No, not at all!" I told her it was fine, I was just getting more because it was free and the kids at home would love it. I let them pick where to eat dinner....I offered places we usually cannot afford, but with just the two of them.....well, they insisted on McDonalds. I was mean and took them quickly through the grocery store first, then the drive-thru. They wanted to go play on the indoor playground, but I missed Paul and the little girls.....and I had bought ice cream sandwiches.....can't let those melt.

The kids had fun in the Adirondacks. Evelyn barfed in the car on the way up, they swam at a place with no lifeguard and Suze fell and scraped her leg on a rock, and they explored an abandoned factory. I want to go next time, Emily!

Mali got a job at McDonalds, working the same hours as Aaron....it is nice because he doesn't have to ride to work and back all alone (he never minded, but Mommy did), and because she doesn't have a license or a car. Now they can share the gas costs, and have some fun together, too.

Tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny and warm, in the seventies. We might go to the beach. Paul is on vacation and we have not taken the kids to the beach together yet.

I have been getting things back in order, slowly but surely....the kids picked up all the dollhouse stuff, so it is more tolerable in here now. I can't believe how tiring vacations are! I think when Paul has his real vacation, we might just stay home.....and drive to the beach a few times. All the packing and unpacking....ugh. Well, I might forget about it after a few days, like I always did with the baby's births....ha.

No comments: