summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, August 15, 2010

celebration

Today we will celebrate Evelyn's eleventh birthday. Eleventh child, eleventh birthday. Her actual birthday is in six days, but Daddy will be in India, so today is the day. (I think Miss Evelyn is secretly planning to milk this birthday, she knows we will be sort of celebrating all week, and on her actual birthday she will also be honored. But that's okay).

She had the choice of having several girls over for a party, or just two for a sleepover. She chose the two, her cousins Eileen and Olivia. The "several girls" option has caused some drama in the past, as a few of her friends do not get along well in groups, or with each other.

So she is cleaning the house today, which is not only wonderful but quite entertaining. She has been busy for at least an hour, and she plans to just keep on going. It is amazing how much one can accomplish when one has a motive.

Ha, maybe I need a motive.

I am making ice cream pie for her. It involves mixing crushed sandwich cookies with melted butter for a crust, adding semi-melted ice cream,and topping with more crushed cookies and hot fudge, and serving with whipped cream. Peanutbutter cups can be added, or in a mint one, some Junior Mints crushed and stirred in....oh, all kinds of fun things can be added.....

We are also making pizza.

I am excited because I like all my kids around, and Abigail is coming over.

Tomorrow, we have plans. Big plans. We are going to the Toy Museum! The van ride is too long, and too hot, but it is worth it. I am just hoping it isn't too crowded. Parking the big van in just any parking spot is tricky.....somehow I thought before we bought it that the longer wheel base would make for smoother navigation, never realizing it means it is really hard to park! A few years ago we went there and upon driving around the parking lot scoping out a spot, I found one but couldn't fit in it because I need to back up a bit, and someone was behind me...so I had Mali get out and stand in it. The lady in the minivan behind me started pulling in, and Mali told her it was saved, and stood there waving her arms. The lady continued to pull in toward Mali, and Mali of course retreated....Mali told her it was saved, but the lady just shrugged. All the other kids started protesting and saying things about the lady, but I stopped them....although I found I totally agreed...she was mean! I found another spot, and had a hard time getting in it...backing up and pulling forward over and over......then the lady who was parked next to me offered to move her vehicle over so I could fit better....I told the kids there ARE nice people in the world......

2 comments:

mommeeof10 said...

Celebrate everyday for a week? Does that mean cake everyday? I'm all for cake frequently, as long as I don't have to make all of them. :)

Cinnamon said...

Thank you for stopping by our blog and for your prayers. What a big sweet famil you have!! What a blessing~

~Cinnamon