summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, August 16, 2010

day at the museum....

The Children's museum....a miniture grocery store....Charlotte Claire The aquarium....Camille and Suze, and a friend


Camille and Charlotte Claire, and Suze holding a friend...
Margaret



Camille

What a day! I brought eight of my kids, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille...then their two cousins, Eileen and Olivia....then picked up a friend visiting from Canada with her six year old, her twin three year olds, and her one year old. According to my kids, the "funnest" part was playing with those visiting children, they love them. Jonathan is crazy about the one year old boy.
We ate our peanut butter sandwiches before going into the museum, then when we got back to the van, had some icy cold soda and water...but they were really hungry, so we took them to....you guessed it, McD's. My friend Anne was laughing her head off when I ordered 9 ice waters...she asked me if "they" ever get upset with me. I said I didn't know, they never told me. The kids were thankful for their two items from the dollar menu, and our ride home was peaceful and actually quite fun. We stopped at a rest area for a bathroom break, and the girls who waited in the van with me took out Evelyn's new birthday whoopie cushion and had some fun.....
We came home and jumped in the pool for a bit, even though the mosquitoes were out.....
Evelyn's friends, who are also her cousins, are spending another night because there was a movie they didn't get to watch yet....
I made hot air popcorn.....and now they are watching their movie....the little ones are tucked into bed, and I am certainly tired enough to join them...but sitting here with my feet up is very nice too.




1 comment:

Darla said...

We do the same at McD's...order waters for everyone to go with their dollar item. :)