summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

the day after, arggh!

I slept in, after taking a nice 6am dose of Lortab. The pain has shifted from where the gallbladder was, to the incision site near my belly button.....that is a funny name for it, when will I grow up? All is not quiet here, so i am ij my rom. Sam wins the prize for helpfulness, he is giving Muddy Rosie a bath for only five bucks. He made me coffeethis morn, my first cup since Monday. The area near the kitchen sink is like a warzone, there are Hess trucks and a foshingbgame and matching games decorating the livingroom floor while Jonny plays wii fit in his boxers. The kitchen floor needto be swept, and my new phone just arrived from fedex, Rosie's favorite truck to chase. Jon is fgoong to his friend's bday party, i just got him some nice clothes to wear, but forgot to dig a gift out of the closet. I am writimg this on my new nook, it is hard, my thumbs are too fat and i am dizzy from pain meds....my whple abdomen feels like i have been stabbed. But i am relieved the surgery is behind me, and am thankful for my comfy bed. Oh, i have gained seven stinkin' pounds since i weighed myself on Saturday.....dang, i just remembered this: when i woke up in recovery, i asked if by any chance my gallbladder weighed like fifteen pounds....the nice nurse just said, "I don't know, honey." Ha, she probably thought i was crazy.....now i shall heave myself out of my comfy bed and get that present out of my Present Closet....oh, and my dear husband, who is at work, is working at the dome tonight! The college kids have late classes, then Joe, Sam, Paul are leaving me for the afternoon evening! Leaving me with eight kids,,blah. Paul was not supposed to work, but one more person was needed, so I told him to go ahead. Getting tired...

2 comments:

Martha said...

I am glad you are home and still alive. It is amazing how helpful even young kids can be when put to the test. They can do wonderful things like cook macaroni and cheese, pick up toys, and even fold laundry, or do it for that matter. You must milk it for all it's worth. Once you are outta that bed, they'll never let you go back.

Tereza said...

hope your able to get the rest you need! I had to chuckle at the "only 5 bucks" :):):) Mine haul in groceries for 2 and babysit while I get groceries for 10:) I paid one kid 5 for cleaning the inside of the windows.But then at least they have money for the collection on Sunday eh?...and can feel good about having earned it:):)