summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 26, 2012

lovely night out


Paul and I went to dinner tonight....

It was more than lovely, it was special and good and wonderful. We were with our friends from church...friends we have known and loved for years and years. Friends who share our love for God, our desire to be free from sin, and friends with whom we are being knit together in love, as it is written. We encouraged each other to fight the good fight of faith and we are full of hope for the times to come.

Despite being rather uncomfortable, to put it mildly, I enjoyed the dinner immensely. Chicken Marsala, spinach salad with toasted almonds and bacon, home made rolls that also had bacon in them, yum!!!, and for dessert, oh heavenly dessert: a cookie plate with oven-warm cookies, plus a few mini-eclairs...how could I not eat you, dear cookies? Served with some hot coffee...oh dear, it was good.

(I had no appetite all day, but I felt fine enough to eat my dinner, and sorry to say, most of my dessert...and I have no regrets. Tomorrow I shall behave much better...)

It seems to be the pattern, not handling food well during the day but being starving and able to eat dinner. hmm.

Anyway, I am thankful thankful thankful for our friends, and the church, and for the fellowship I am a part of...

8 comments:

FLmom7 said...

That is wonderful you got to enjoy good friends & good food...and I must say, you look fabulous! I can't believe you just had surgery a few days ago! And, wow on the weight loss!

a portland granny said...

What a darling couple you are!! I'm a lurker....and also a
gall-bladderless gal! Well, I use the term "gal" loosely as I am 4 months away from 80!

I truly hope you don't have any problems after that dinner you ate tonight. Of course in my day, when mine came out, I was still in the hospital with my jello and skim milk puddings!!

Your family sounds delightful. What a blessing to have so many little lives to raise for the glory of the Lord Jesus!

I raised a few in my day--but not all at once. Some came for a few years and some came and didn't leave until they were trained and grown. I've been blessed. I have some adopted kids that are my own, all long grown now. It was quite a ride, lots of hard work, but such richness and blessings overall.

I trust you will continue to get stronger and stronger. After my gall-bladder surgery, there was absolutely no lifting, so my 12 year old really took over. I sorted the laundry and she put it in the machine for me. It was six weeks of real team work!

Kids are amazing when they have to be!

I am so enjoying your blog.

Blessings

Mom said...

You look amazing!!! So glad that you were able to go and enjoy. Your hard work shows! What an inspiration. :-)

Tereza said...

Glad you got out and with good friends..those times are so special. And I must say you keep looking younger!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I just have to say how stunning you look! You must look about 20 years younger and you are just beaming! Glad you had dessert, you deserve it!

Kim Chrisman said...

You look so beautiful and young! You look like one of your daughters. Glad you are recovering try not to do too much too quickly. Yeah right:)

Blessings
Kim chrisman

16 blessings'mom said...

Nice to meet you Portland Granny! I LOVE that you are reading blogs at 79! Reading your comment made me very thankful for laproscopic surgery! Amazingly enough, I did fine after that dinner...breakfasts and lunches seem to do me in, but by dinner, I don't know, I seem to be fine. Bonnie, Tereza, Kim, Simone, you are too kind.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

can I just say that you look awesome! I know that you feel that you are stalled in your weightloss, but you look awesome and soooo young! Seriously I was wondering if one of your kids looked just like you at first!