summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 13, 2012

the words every mother loves to hear...

Charlotte Claire threw up, Mom. Right over the side of her bed. And guess what, Mom, you know how Camille likes to sleep on the floor next to the bed? Uh-huh. No, Mom, I am not KIDDING YOU.

So...the girls have these drawers under their bunks, each one for each of them, with their special treasures in them. Well...I am one of those people who cannot stand an open drawer, because everyone knows an open drawer practically invites someone to spill something that will drip into the drawer. So I am extra compulsive about keeping the drawers closed, especially the silverware drawer. (I mean, who wants toast crumbs in there?) Anyway...barf, over side of bed, open drawer, Camille on floor...and WHO gets to clean it up?

So my day has been full of fun and excitement so far. Margaret stayed home because she is an A+ student, and said she took tests on Friday and has nothing to do today. I don't know if that is totally true, but she manages to keep her grades up while skipping a day here and there. I am picking Samuel up early because he and I are going to the eye doctor. I have never been, always had 20/20 vision, but lately, I have to hold things an armlength away or I cannot see the letters, just blurriness.

Anyway, I am thankful for my washer and dryer today.

It is no fun, however, to speculate who will be the next one sick...will it go through the house? Will Char be the only one? Do I feel sick, or is it just the power of suggestion? I always feel rather queasy when I have to clean up yucky stuff. I look at the mess and know there is no way around it, I just have to clean it up. yuck.

Once many years ago, I was very pregnant, and a horrible flu went through the house...all the bathrooms were in use, so one resourceful child just barged in on another child, and used the tub...then the sink...while the first kid just sat there on the toilet...someone also barfed over the side of a top bunk during that illness...I remember walking into the bathroom, then into that bedroom, and just crying my poor eyes out...but guess what? I lived.

Enough strolls down memory lane.

And sorry if I ruined anyone's morning coffee.

Just in case anyone is wondering, the new 88 cent pregnancy tests at Walmart work wonderfully...at least when it comes out NEGATIVE. Nary a shadow of a line to speculate about, just total whiteness with the one control line. I got my period the very next day, so the test was right. Dang. I had been absolutely like clockwork since I had the D&C in August, then this month...one day, two days, three days late...but nah. Part of me was relieved, because of the gallbladder pain, and because I simply do not want to lose another baby. But there is always that hope that I wouldn't lose it, and would actually have another baby...

Oh well...can't think of anything to write, so that is my clue to get off this computer and get busy, again...laundryroom, here I come!

5 comments:

Tereza said...

Oh my I was trying to eat my oatmeal:):):) No worries though this mommy is totally accustomed to grossness:):)
One time rob was out of town and everyone was sick...including me...the kids were all little and ALL of us huddled around ONE toilet and took turns barfing in it. It was a long night!
I also rememeber one of the kids throwing up over the top bunk down onto the SHAG carpet...the original 40 year old carpet...rememebr those? Um ya...so fun to clean:):)
Also lots of wall dribbles...disgusting
Well I hope it doesnt go through the house!!! Now I shall finish my oatmeal:):):)

ccc said...

Oh boy, I would have cried over the mess you had to clean up. I, too, have looked at some really horrible messes before and cried.
I did not know wal mart had 88 cent tests? I am sorry yours was negative :(

Martha said...

I once barfed over the side of the bunk bed as a child. I was trying to save my mother the work of washing the bed linens and couldn't understand why she was so flabbergasted at my genius. Tile floors are easier to clean than sheets and blankets, aren't they? What do you mean she had to wash everything in the room including the wall? Didn't it land in a nice neat puddle on the floor? Well, it seemed like a good idea...

16 blessings'mom said...

You guys have me laughing my head off...wall dribbles, and eating oatmeal...oh dear, sometimes it's better to be able to laugh about it I guess. And it is nice to know I am not alone in this fun-ness!

Ellen said...

You brought back memories for me. I thought I had it bad when all four of my daughters and me had the stomach virus once when they were little. I ended up having to use some old pans from the attic for puke buckets because they were all throwing up at the same time! I thought that was horrible!! I can also remember other virus's when every day and a half, another kid got sick. Those were tough times. I can't even imagine virus's going thru your house! Praying it doesn't go thru your house!